Smaller Versa Charger

Dear Fitbit, The charger is too large to travel with. Anytime I'm traveling more than a few days I leave my Versa at home because the charger doesn't pack small enough. 

• I'd prefer the cradle to have a connector and not a permanently attached cord. That would decrease packing size. A Micro USB or USB-C connector is fine.
  • If the cradle could be thinner that would help too. Just the bare minimum size/mechanism to attach it to the watch.

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

11 Comments
interactive3
Jogger

BFF7F9AE-24E8-4C94-A15E-3265FAF529B2.jpeg

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion @interactive3. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

sonjacm
Base Runner

I think the same:  it's too big to travel with. It would be great to have a smaller one to carry with me in long travels.

BrunoJenso
First Steps

Surely we could have a simple cable-only design? Magnetic or something.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Please note that this is being discussed to be released for future Fitbit products and not for Fitbit Versa. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. If something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

lostincode
Jogger

Upvoted. Was looking for something that allows me to bring just my USB C charger on trips, this is the only device I own that does not charge over USB C.

tmsmith
Recovery Runner

this charger is way to BIG, I think I will return my Versa I am truly disappointed with the charge and the lack of keeping accurate time 😞

tmsmith
Recovery Runner

I would not recommend the purchase of Versa

Matterhorn51
Recovery Runner

Am often in the Wilderness for a week, carrying all my equipment and food including tent. A smaller charger would be greatly appreciated!

mollai
Jogger

Not sure if this is legit.

https://www.harveynorman.com.my/smart-tech-and-phones/smart-wearables/smart-fitness-accessories/fitb...

If it is, then it pretty solve all our problems. Too bad the store is not near where I am, else I would be able to give it a try.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion about making a smaller Versa charging cable. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.