Smaller design for women

Love the look of the new ionic but hoping you'll make a smaller watch face for women.

21 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It would be no problem making the clock face smaller, but with as much as tyey have crammed in the tracker, it will be a while before technology improves where the unit can be made smaller.

KnutsonJM
First Steps

I couldn't agree more. I was very excited to get my ionic but returned it because it was way too big for my wrist.

Brenda61
Recovery Runner

I have had a Fitbit one for five years and love it. I'd love to move up to the newest technology,. But agree size is an issue. I also received a burn from the surge model and am concerned on that element with a new wrist model also. 

Mdwt82
First Steps

Can you design a more feminine look for your Ionic? The current design doesn’t match very well with the business dresses I wear during the week. Absolute love the Ionic, but the current look keeps me away from upgrading!

SharonH68
First Steps

I think it would be really cool to have a more feminine version of the ionic watch. It's currently a bit manly and all the advertising I've seen shows it on male wrists.. Come on Fitbit, make it happen... 

Spetzie
First Steps

I am an avid fitness freak and would love a fitness focused smart watch, however I have small wrists and at the moment the two options you have available (blaze and ionic) are huge.  I just returned my ionic because it was just to big on me.  A pity because I absolutely loved the feature on this watch and the waterproofing.   Please make a smaller smartwatch or at least have two different size versions to choose from.  I have many men and women friends who think that the blaze and ionic are too big but would buy a smaller version.

Gracedl
First Steps

I agree. I was very diasappointed in the colour range. 

Clovergray
First Steps

I too luv the features but thinks it looks too manly! 😒 I love the look and size of the Alta HR, any thoughts on making that waterproof??😏 I’m leaning towards that but weighing my options! The Apple Series 3 is a size I could deal with if the ionic was similar but would prefer to stay loyal to Fitbit 

melketo
Jogger

I am shopping for a new smart watch and unfortunately due to the large size and limited colors the IONIC does not meet this need. Can you please release a smaller version with more color options?

jrios1228
First Steps

I am writing this with the hope that fitbit employees will see this. There are many smartwatches and fitness trackers out in the market right now so there is pretty tough competition. Most smart watches on the market are more geared toward men with big watch faces and almost none geared toward women. The fitbit ionic is a nice looking smart watch/ fitness tracker but rather big for some women. My girlfriend likes the fitbit alta but she says that it is rather plain. She also likes the fitbit ionic but says that the size is pretty big for her. She wants me to suggest that fitbit try to market to women more by developing a fitbit smartwatch fitness tracker for women with a girly appeal. Before switching from the Apple Smartphone to Samsung Note 8 she was a huge fan of the smaller Apple iWatch. She is also a fan of the Michaels Kors womens watch which is smaller and has that girly appeal. Is there anyway for fitbit to develop a smartwatch fitness tracker for women that is smaller and has those girly colors that women love such as pink, purple, rose gold, black or make the bands those nice colors or maybe also incorporate swavroski elements in the smartwatch. 

michael007
First Steps

The ionic is a great fit for my needs - and obviously many others.  My wife would also purchase an ionic, however the face of the watch is too big for her smaller woman's wrist.  I would expect Fitbit is losing these potential sales to Apple which provides the watch in 2 sizes.  We would love to purchase a smaller version of the ionic.  thanks!

SharonH68
First Steps
Totally agree with you. Fitbit need to address this
KetoMel
Jogger

AGREE! I just returned my Ionic and bought the smaller apple watch.  The Ionic functionality was great, however every time I looked at it,it made me think I was wearing my husbands watch, it was just to "manly" and with no options for bands that looked fashionable it was a NO GO no matter how much I wanted to like it. 

Gingergee82
First Steps

Can you please look into making different sized Ionics?(No I don't mean the straps) I have a very small/skinny wrist and the watch face seems to be really big on my wrist, it is the same width as my wrist, whereas on my husband it seems to be a relative size to his wrist. Maybe consider making a his and hers so that the ladies is a slightly smaller face?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. 

SMDibble
First Steps

Love the features of the Iconic, especially being waterproof and the built in GPS.  If those features could be in a more feminine design or if the built in GPS could be put in one designed like the Versa.  

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

PurpleSweet15
Recovery Runner

Also more color variations to appeal all. When is going to happen... 

Deven1981
Recovery Runner

I have a versa and am very happy with it. My girlfriend has a charge 2, but she is looking for a watch that is more girl friendly with a round body.

Maybe fitbit can make a model like shown below? 

Would be great and i guess allot of girls want a watch like this. Thx! 

received_253599801971754.jpeg

kadehamm
Jogger

Agreed that either the Versa needs built in GPS option or Iconic needs to look a lot more like the Versa. 

PheonixBunny78
Base Runner

The Wish app has some great bands. I found a great metal band, and a protective case for my charge 3 and my friends Alta.

Status changed to: Released
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion.

We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Inspire.

@Debbegood, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit.

We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.