SmartTrack yoga, pilates (stretch & strength)

It would be very helpful if fitbit could auto-detect stretch and strength exercises and workouts. One of my yoga workouts was detected as 'outdoor bike' and my other practises were not picked up as active minutes (even though these workouts can constitute 30-60 active minutes). Please include yoga, Pilates and similar exercises - these are popular throughout the world.

16 Comments
Zenlady
First Steps
....especially as more and more of us Boomers aren't able to run in the future. Huge market! But you've head that before. It would be great to add a more sensitive "movement reader" so we can easily track a wider selection of activities. I'm curious what the ETA on this fix would be?
Thank you in advance!
DblGee
Tempo Runner

I wish that Stretching was a preset Exercise.  We get rewards on our Company Wellness Website for doing 30 minutes of Stretching each day.  Although right now I just use the "Workout" preset - it really isn't a calorie burner or a good representation of what I'm doing.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

MPoll
Jogger

Linked to this thread, whilst we wait for more sensitive movement tracking, how about increasing the range of pre-set exercises that can be logged? My favourite sport, Reformer Pilates, is not currently available, for example - and it's very different to regular pilates. 

Mayela
First Steps

I used to love Fitbit but it seems like new products are more focused on becoming a smartwatch than a health watch (and there are better smart watches than fitbit). 

An old version of the Alta used to allow specific activity tracking which helped with some activities that are never detected like yoga, pilates, weight lifting, etc. Now you have to enter the exercise manually and don't have access to minute by minute HR of that exercise.

Also, food and weight tracking are not customizable, I am currently pregnant and the app shows as if I were overweight and overeating daily.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mayela! We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

About your comment regarding to Fitbit Alta having the option to track specific activities, you can read more about Fitbit Alta automatic tracking in this article: What should I know about SmartTrack exercise detection? 

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Product Feedback board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mayela, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Cavachonpip
Recovery Runner

Please add yoga as an option as an automatically recognised exercise. There is a lot of movement in yoga, floor to stretching hands to ceiling for example and heart rate changes that I would think the new charge should pick up. Not everyone does gym, running and weight type exercises. The gentler stretch classes are being missed. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Cavachonpip.

I'm sure that lots of other users would like to have this feature implemented.

Let's see what others have to say.

Devilanne02
First Steps

Yes, please! If not automatically recognizing yoga, then at least give it as an exercise option on the tracker. 

san8888
First Steps

Yes please add yoga.  Preferably to auto-recognise, so airheads like me don’t lose an exercise session just because they forget to start manually!

MichaelAppleby
Stepping Up

Please add Yoga detection to the Blaze.  Thank you

Emma1407
First Steps

Please add auto recognise yoga to the Fitbit charge 3, I do yoga every day and it’s never accurate when I input it manually.

Shollymobile
First Steps
Include and reward non-cardio activities like yoga and strength training that do not necessarily involve elevated heart rate or increased steps
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Shollymobile, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see strength training and yoga exercises on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.