Smarter sleep analyse and monitoring (AI-model sleep)

Would it be possible for Fitbit to introduce an AI-model for sleep-analyse? The reason is the that the current model does not work for me.

An example, I went to sleep about 11 PM yesterday and awake around 9 AM today, which corresponds to close 10 hours sleep. According to Fitbit I took a nap between 1 AM to 2 PM today and later this morning I took a second nap between 3 AM to around 6:30 AM. (NAP = only giving information like restless 20 times, awake 4 times etc – no sleep stages nor time for each stage)

There is no lack of information as I can see my heart rate curve for the time in question, and I can also see that motion has been recorder – but as the model is ill-matched with my sleeping pattern – the sleep analyse will be incorrect.

With an AI-model it will be possible to adopt the sleep analyse to match my pattern and report sleep more correctly

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Oneyrus, thanks for your suggestion. It sounds good, I hope it can be done! You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Oneyrus
Recovery Runner

Hi

think that part of the information that I gave was lost in the translation, so I would like to clarify:

Actual sleep time - 10 hours

From Saturday evening 11 PM to Sunday morning 9 AM

Fitbit analyse - two naps of 4,5 hours total

Nap 1: Sunday morning between 1 AM to 2 AM (1 hour)

Nap 2: Same Sunday morning between 3 AM and 6:30 AM (3,5 hours)

Trustyme
Jogger

I have the same problem with sleep measurement. I would add though that 'yes', sometimes it is completely wrong, and at other times it starts  measuring my sleep from the first time I awake for bathroom or drink of water.

diego110
Distance Walker

I charged my Charge HR last evening -- completely.  At bed time, I went to sleep at 11AM eastern, and hit the timer to register sleep.  I have been doing this the past four months  I woke up this morning to find the charge HR dead on my wrist.  

I charged it this morning.  It is operational and completely working.  It will NOT, however, sync with my phone -- which it has without incident since my purchase four months ago.  I followed the restart procedures, and those did not work either.  The phone won't sniff the blue-tooth using a sniffer, and it tells me when trying to synce that it cannot find the tracker. 

any suggestions, please?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.