Spotify and Music Volume Control

Volume Control on the Spotify App would be really useful addition as when I'm in the lab constantly getting my phone out to change volume is a bit of a pain. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

19 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @spencerskinner , and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to use Volume Control for Spotify app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Shivani825
First Steps
The ability to change volume on Spotify from Versa 2. This was an ability on Versa, but now that the buttons have been removed on this updated smart watch, we can no longer do this. This could be implemented as a touch screen feature.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Shivani825, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Spotify Volume Control for Fitbit Versa 2. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

LuciusLupine
First Steps

This would be incredibly useful, especially since I like to keep my phone in my backpack while walking, hiking, running, etc. I suggest adding the volume controls on an additional page of the app. If that is undesirable, they could be added to the back/next controls page of the app. The back/next controls could be condensed to the bottom half and the volume controls could be on the top half. 

Mercuso
Recovery Runner
We can already have control over the music we are listening to in the Spotify app on the mobile from the smartwatch, but nevertheless I think it is a mistake that we cannot control the volume from the watch.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mercuso, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to control volume when listing Spotify on your smartwatch. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Through the quick music controls, you should be able to control volume. 

Melinda44
First Steps
Add the ability to change volume of music on Spodify thru the Versa 2.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Melinda44, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to user "Volume Control" when using Spotify. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I would think if the volume control is set for phone, not the tracker, the volume control would work. 

ilCactuss
First Steps

Imagine my face the moment I realized you cannot set volume while listening music.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Hold the button in, bring up music control. 

If needed, switch to control phone. 

Volume will work. 

dfred
First Steps

I would also like to control Spotify volume on my Charge 4. Some wireless headphones/earbuds have awkward or no volume control. This is especially helpful for those of us with iPhones and Airpods/Airpods Pro with no built-in volume control. We always have our Fitbit on, but we don't always have our phone easily accessible to change volume.

Mutt208
First Steps

Long time Apple Watch user, I didn’t realize until after I got the sense it had no way to control volume in Spotify (my most used app) which is crazy when you run without your phone how do you adjust the volume?!? I will be switching back until this gets resolved and I assume a lot of users are struggling with this as well. Thank you! 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

depending on on how you have configured your button. The default is a double tap of the button, then tap the music symbol. 

You now are in the quick music controls and have access to the volume on the phone. 

You may have to first tell the Sense to control the phone. See this help doc. 

Also on the Sense please, this would be so helpful!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

You have always been able to control the volume on the phone by using the Volume control found in the Quick View Menu

Every Blaze, Ionic, Versa, Versa Light, Versa 2, Versa 3, and Sense comes with a default music control app that can be accessed from the Quick View Menu. (Even while in the middle of recording an exercise. This is something the Spotify App can not do. 

From any screen, double tap the side button, then tap Music. 

1617205002085722355634138322890.jpg

You can skip forward, pause, Rewind from this screen. 

Now tap the speaker icon to access volume control. 

16172051640334117884563961644884.jpg

This is also explained under the music section of your User Manual. 

I use this option to frequently control music or video level, and even use the volume as a phone shutter release. 

The link above also has instructions for switching the volume control between music playing on the phone or music playing on the tracker 

Amadeo84
Recovery Runner
Please put the volume up/down controls on the same screen as forward/back without requiring us to go into a sub-menu, the way it used to be in previous versions.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Amadeo84, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding volume control on Music app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.