Start week on Monday on Android App

So sorry, USA, but you are the only ones who start the week on Sunday. For the rest of the world, we would really appreciate if we can change the settings on our Android app for the week to start on the first day of the week, namely Monday. I know you can do it on the dashboard, but I'd like to start the week on Mondays, also on the app, as this is my primary go-to place to check stats. 

Thanks. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

300 Comments
Dhfloa
Jogger

The web app?! Why would anyone think that's what we were talking about?? Jesus this is ridiculous, who wants to place bets on which month this will actually get fixed this year? Over-under July?

SKEngel
Stepping Up

Perhaps this easy fix should be assigned to a developer who actually uses

an Android phone. Such a person should know what we have all be requesting.

for years.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

cebw
First Steps
Can’t express my disappointment adequately, after having my hopes raised. Sounds like it’s back to the drawing board. 😞

Sent from my iPad
Senzi
Jogger

What??? I believe the web already has that.

One other thing I'd love fixed in five years is the weekly progress mail I get on Tuesday instead of Monday. I don't care that it's still Monday in the US. Better start thinking about thinking about fixing that 😛

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

swab
Jogger

Absolutely ridiculous that the Android app starts on Sunday instead of Monday. Why? This alone is almost enough for me to go back to Apple (not that it would matter to Fitbit). This seems like a simple fix. You closed the last thread so I am starting a new one here to keep this in front of you. This seems like such a simple concept to execute, but it sounds like the development team at Fitbit might not be allowed to help.

Dhfloa
Jogger

Absolute bull**ahem** that they closed the last thread after going back on their promise to fix it in the app. This response is bull**ahem**: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Start-week-on-Monday-on-Android-App/idc-p/241792...

Fitbit's customer service is awful, their developers are incapable of doing something simple, and their moderators just sweep **ahem** they don't want to deal with under the rug and lock threads with hundreds of replies because they f*cked up and lied about whether it was actually being worked on. I absolutely won't buy another fitbit product again (this one was a gift anyway), and when it inevitably dies (won't take long due to it's shi!tty durability) I'll move on to something else.

StanislavZh
First Steps

I would say fitbit support sucks. Even small ideas should be implemented. It is not like we are asking for some big feature and this choice is available on the web. Many Android users are in US region because some of the apps are released only there. Because of that we should have a choice when our week starts. It is not like you are releasing new features on the app every two weeks so I do not get how are your devs so busy that they cannot implement this feature. BTW a great way to listen to your paying customers by saying you will not do something and locking the suggestion for new comments. It is like you are giving use the word that starts with f.

Senzi
Jogger

It's that very same word.

Mange_J
Base Runner

The list of easily fixed small glitches is getting long. 

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @swab and commenters, I understand you are frustrated. The 'Under Consideration' status means that the idea is being discussed internally at Fitbit. As stated when the status is applied, it is not a promise to deliver on that feature. Internal discussion often includes estimating how much resource would be involved to deliver that feature. Please bear in mind that seemingly simple fixes may not necessarily be simple to implement!

As outlined in the FAQs, for example, if a feature doesn't deliver a significant improvement to user experience or it impacts a relatively small segment of users, and is estimated to take several months to develop, it might be that said feature is moved from 'Under Consideration' to 'Not Currently Planned'. I appreciate your passion around getting new features implemented - thanks for all your suggestions and feedback.

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, I'm happy to share that this feature has been released! Apologies for the recent multiple changes to status but this is now live. Make sure your app version is 2.64, go to your account, select 'advanced settings' and change 'start week on' to Monday. Then, if you go to your steps for example, you will see each week starting on Monday - Sunday. Enjoy 🙂

NeakNeak
Stepping Up
Yay!!! Thank you sooo much Liz!!! It's up and running! I'm sooo happy!!! ​
Nborsh22
First Steps
Awesome!!! Thank you so much!!!
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Yay @NeakNeak and @Nborsh22!! Glad it's working for you.

svogt302
Recovery Runner

Finally..... Geez

cebw
First Steps
Oh my goodness! It's there and working! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Dhfloa
Jogger

Finally, some good news

Canjie
Recovery Runner

I'm glad some of you got what you wanted, but this was not the point of the original posts.

Users want to select any day of the week as the start of the week.

merrillmadsen
Jogger

Hooray! Thank you FitBit and @LizFitbit for making the change - I LOVE it! Hurrah!

spaz_83
First Steps
Hurrah..... it doesn't help me at all. @LizFitbit I went with Fitbit because someone told me how great the customer service is. I now beg to differ. When my Blaze goes belly up, I will not be wearing a Fitbit. I will find another activity tracker that works with my needs.
SirRobin85
Jogger
Lol @Canjie, read the thread title. It clearly mentions the startdate
being Monday, not any day.
Ilana7
First Steps

Awesome stuff - thanks Fitbit team 🙂

spaz_83
First Steps

Too bad I do Weight Watchers and my week starts on SATURDAY. As soon as the Blaze goes belly up, I am going with another activity band that fits my needs better. And here I thought FitBit had great customer service. 

curtmcgirt
Recovery Runner

In the Android app, the "3 months" bar graph has one bar per week. The weeks still start on Sunday even though I have told the app that I want weeks to start on Monday.

It would be just super if you guys could get the "start week on Monday" setting in the Android app to make the Android app start weeks on Monday everywhere, instead of only in some places . 

Note in the graph screenshot below, the right-most bar says "June 3 - June 9," and note that June 3, 2018 is a Sunday, not a Monday. 

Attach58812_20180609_082912.png

Note that I have weeks set to start on Monday.

Screenshot_20180609-080538_Fitbit.jpg

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.