Step average - allow manual omission of dates and/or ignore 0 step days

As someone who lost my tracker and waited a month for the new Alta, I can tell you how painful it was to manually log 10k steps/day for the month in between to ensure that a full month of inactivity didn't harm my averages.

I'd request that days with <100 steps or some similar threshold are ignored in the overall average daily steps, as it's 99% likely someone didn't wear their fitbit that day, lost it, or it ran out of batteries. This shouldn't affect the average! Alternatively, being able to either manually select days to exclude from data OR easily log ongoing average steps for a range of dates (e.g. if my running total is 8900 average daily steps, record that for dates X/X/XX - X/X/XX) would be hugely helpful for those who lose their tracker, forget it on vacation or a trip, etc.

Moderator edit: added labels

5 Comments
mandys08
Keeping Pace

Seems like it could only count days where device was actually used in "daily average" figures. I know I do pretty well at remembering, but as I can not wear it 24-7 due to rashes some days I forget to put it on in the morning and that "0" really thows down my average for the week. I think averages should be of days the device  is used.

Miroch52
Stepping Up

I would love this for calories as well - it would be nice to be able to label certain days as 'incomplete' or 'not logged' for calorie intake so that when it comes up with a surplus/deficit in calories, it is only including what has been accurately logged.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
HeydyF
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing your idea! I believe that this option could be very helpful, so a lot of users can keep their averages. 

Paul.K
First Steps

I recently went out of town and forgot my Versa charger, so for roughly a week I had no data. This really dragged down my step average and was wondering if there was a way you could make it so that days without data are expunged from the records

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Paul.K! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.