0 Votes

Stop Making Me Sign In

Some time in the past few months, my Fitbit app has started requiring me to log in every couple of weeks or so. This is infuriating. It never used to log me out and force me to enter my password to get back in. I have many apps for which I haven't had to enter a password in the several years since I first installed them (Twitter, LinkedIn, Evernote...). I understand the need for some apps (like banking) to make you log in every session, but Fitbit isn't in that category. It's more like Twitter.

I'm on the verge of giving up on Fitbit because of this silly new "security" feature. Please stop doing this!

4 Comments
SteveH
Community Legend

Are you using iOS? You might be affected by a known bug being tracked in the following thread with updates from fitbit: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/App-version-2-39-keeps-logging-out/m-p/2142070#M65249

Scrimshaw
Jogger

SteveH, yes, I use iOS 10.3.3. I'm also on the latest version of the Fitbit app, 2.41. When I asked Fitbit's support team for help with this, they told me to post it as a suggestion here.

Jorix
Runner

It seems that the sessions for authenticated users expire after some time. See the topic: App version 2.39+ keeps logging out

I get that there should be some security measurements in place, since we're handling pretty personal health data and infinite sessions should be prevented. However, opening the app should extend the session with at least a week or so, to prevent having to keep having to log back in.

Moderator Edit: Updated Title for Clarity.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi @Scrimshaw, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this is already an function on the Fitbit App. You should only be asked to type in your password if you have logged out of your account. As @SteveH mentioned, this is a situation that some customers have encountered for iOS and keeping your app up to date should resolve this.

Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.