Store and Change Clock Faces in the Watches too (Without the app)

I would to store the different watch faces on the watch it's self so i can change them from the watch without needing the app.

Moderator Edit: Tile Update and Labels. 

121 Comments
Pebblestyle
Stepping Up

I can't believe this is not already implemented. Every other smartwatch can handle several watchfaces/clockfaces.

This should be on top of the roadmap.

SalmanShami
Recovery Runner

I strongly agree and do not see why at minimum the app can't have favourite watch faces. What would be better is to have three or four faces stored on the watch.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Someone..., thanks for sharing your suggestion. I've merged your suggestion to Store and Change Clock Faces in the Watches too (Without the app), since I noticed that you're looking a faster option to get clock faces. 

Thanks for participating!

JohnsonH
Recovery Runner

YES! In the app where it says "my clock/all clocks", another option for "favorites" would be amazing! ... or even a "previously used" section to make it easy to track which ones we've used, which ones we like and make it easy to switch between them would be fantastic!

To add to this, some clocks have customizable options... if the app would remember those custom settings to make it easier to switch back to it, that'd be super-duper-uber fabulous!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Simple idea. It's a bit of faff to change clock faces. It would be nice if you could easily swipe right on main Versa screen to switch between a clockface you want for when you're training and one for when you're out with friends etc.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Woman Happy

William33
Jogger

I think this is a great idea, I am looking forward to it’s implementation! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Thanks William. I hope so. I have a fab training clock face but would like
something a bit more stylish for when I'm out with my partner or friends.
It's such a faff to change clock faces in the current set up.

👍
Mypib
Recovery Runner

What is the status with this??? For the love of all that is holy... it's been months! How has this not been updated already?

ZomoFit
First Steps
Exactly!  It's just been people agreeing there should be a feature to store your clock faces.  But they didn't do anything about it.  So what is the point of having a forum or suggestions if you are not going to take the suggestions and improve on it?  
Zoewh
First Steps

Great idea - would also be amazing if you could "Favourite" or save a variety of watch faces within the app. Currently the interface is really hard to navigate and requires a lot of scrolling. 

PrincessLeiaMay
First Steps

It would be so nice to save my favorite watch faces.  I found one I really like but don’t want to switch it because I’m afraid I won’t be able to find it again.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

On board storage might be limited on such a small device, so saving multiple faces to the device itself might not be the best solution, but I definitely agree, there should be a way to "favorite" watch faces so users don't have to browse the entire library of faces to be able to switch back and forth between a handful of faces.

Continued support voiced by the community over ~6 months, 400+ votes...let's make it happen FitBit!

JW_3
Jogger

Seriously. Having only ONE watchface in the drawer at a time is frustrating. I would also like more watchface options like on the Pebble Smartwatch.

Vodnik
First Steps

I agree with this heavily. I hate having to switch by going to the app. Especially if I don't have service or something. Plus I feel like it would cut down on clock face errors by being able to switch to a different face then back again 

thedoctor158
First Steps

I recently purchased a Versa and I am disappointed with few of the missing basic features which are a must have in a smart watch. 

The device is heavily reliant on the Fitbit app. 

I should be given the option to change the look and feel of the device from the device itself and customize it adhoc. Such as to select a clock face out of few default clock faces on the go rather than going to the Fitbit app everytime. 

Another Feature I would really like to see in the Versa is the google maps navigator. (not sure if it is there. Still exploring but couldn't find anything as such).
These are some basic features of a smart watch and they fall really short here. Disappointing. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @thedoctor158, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Nathan_W
Stepping Up

Just wanted to say - I agree, we definitely need this. The first thing I did when I got my watch was pick out every watch face I wanted to try, and was then shocked to find out that none of them were saved anywhere. This is fairly basic, seriously. 

ntsbmw
First Steps

The clock faces for Versa are really lame.  I just switched from the Charge 2 and I really liked the feature where you can see just calories burned.  There is no option for that on versa.  I don't care about steps or what my sitting HR is.  I'd rather have an option that is interactive and will show calories burned.  Not just ones where you have to tap the screen three times to see what it is.  And buying these stupid clock faces is ridiculous. I spent $200 on this thing and it should come with what I want.  I am disappointed with this.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hey, don't be down. Quite a few clock faces allow you to select what you do or don't want to see. It's a matter of trial and error with trying lots of different ones.

Winterglo
Walker

Agreed, this would be a great feature to have! Ideally, 2 or 3 watch faces could be saved on the watch, while the app should be able to store "favourites".

Bc99
Jogger

Either swipe right or long press, a la a Apple watch.

Also, can there be a way to save your frequently used clock faces in the Fitbit app? I hate having to remember and search for a face every time I want to change.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@ntsbmw most of the many clock faces for the Versa where designed by your fellow Fitbit users.

If you have an idea for a face, you may design one yourself, or reach out to a developer that has a watching face close to what your looking for. I'm sure many would love to design a face for you.

@Bc99 I see two suggestions you might want to vote for.

Store and Change Clock Faces in the Watches too (W...

Favorite section for recently used Clock Faces in ...

mbigio
Jogger

I fully agree that there is a need for a software update that enables the Versa to store several watch faces on the watch internally and be able to change from one face to another instantly without depending on the phone app to download and replace the previous face. It shouldn't require too much internal storage memory to maintain at least 5 or more faces to choose from quickly and easily.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.