Store and Change Clock Faces in the Watches too (Without the app)

I would to store the different watch faces on the watch it's self so i can change them from the watch without needing the app.

Moderator Edit: Tile Update and Labels. 

121 Comments
Aquaqueen
Stepping Up

Yes! As others have said having to go through every watchface in the app to switch is tedious and totally unnecessary. We need to be able to store a number on the watch itself and then have a favourites list complete with previously applied settings stored in the app. Ask one of the ex-Pebble developers how it's done!

MartiSD
First Steps

I was so disappointed to learn I could not have a versa and charge3 on the same acccount.   The ability to switch between these devices is essential.  If you want to continue to sell upgraded devices to your loyal customers you have to change this. Please consider making this change ASAP.

SithL0rd
First Steps

Yes! We need at minimum a way to save favorites.

Also a Free  vs Paid

Pebblestyle
Stepping Up

Since this still doen't seem to come any soon...

We added this features to our website: https://pebblestyle.com/watchfaces/5/fitbit-versa/

Every day we select a Fitbit Versa clock face and show it on our social media channels as a wristshot (photo on the watch, on the wrist). You can create an account on our website and like,comment and save to favourites. Your favourites will be listed with a Download Button.

You can also filter our postings by features that your clock face should have and free/paid of course.

BizzBel
Jogger

Yes please!

bscott69
Jogger

having multiple faces faces AND saving the custom settings would be helpfull

as trying a new face and going back to an old one you have to setup the customisations again

I thought you bought the Pebble software, this was a brilliant feature they had for years, never mind the Gb space for music, few Kb for settings and a watchface, it shouldn't be that hard, please implement ASAP

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Argghhh! I'm really new at this. I've been looking through the available clock faces and have managed to select one that I didn't want. I can't remember the name of the one I had and am having to search through ALL the clock faces to find it. Not very user friendly and not at all useful for anyone with perception problems.

Either store the watch faces that a user has chosen, or add the ability to 'favourite' choices

troyvishy2
Recovery Runner

Can we get an option of changing clock face directly from Versa rather that doing it is app and then syncing it?

Kiasmama
Recovery Runner

Stinks to see this was suggested some time ago and not taken up. Just got my versa yesterday and it is a pain to change the watch faces. I would like one for working out, and honestly one for going out at night that is a little more classy (I have a nice metal band so it looks like a decent watch) Sad to see this wasn't taken care of. 😞 

johninsf
First Steps

Absolutely add this. It is sad that the app does not provide this.

The notion of "favorites" is ubiquitous now.

Come on Fitbit.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, just a quick update that whilst this is unlikely to be released on Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Ionic, this has been noted by our Product teams and discussed for future products. I have updated the labels accordingly. Thanks for sharing this idea and please continue to vote on it if it's of interest.

Llmgtab
Base Runner

This is extremely disappointing. Such a basic feature to not have. Even if you just could save favorites in the app along with the settings for the watch face. Its a big disadvantage for your third party face developers as well since having to constantly reactive with K-Pay is such pain that most people will not switch faces often.

PrincessLeiaMay
First Steps
What I finally decided to do was screenshot the ones I like. That way I can go back to find the ones I like.

I also wish they had a free category.

Sent from my iPhone
Aquaqueen
Stepping Up
Very poor Fitbit. You advertise the Vera as a smartwatch with 'Customisable
Clockfaces' but the reality is this is so difficult to achieve people are
unable to change as regularly as they'd like.
This also makes life very difficult for developers as others have pointed
out. I have paid for a range of watchfaces but there is no easy way to
locate them when I want to switch.
Shame on you.
Jorgerine
Jogger

Why should this feature not be released on the Versa and Ionic? Is it because you want us to but the next model? This is not a good way to maintain customer loyalty.

Nick--B
Recovery Runner

Its hard to express my disappointment at this.  As an ex-Pebble user I did not expect to be taking a step backwards functionality-wise.  If this is FitBit's approach to their existing product range then it only reinforces my feeling that this is my first and will be my last ever FitBit product.  I'm not going to take the risk of losing other functionality with my next smartwatch.  Its taken so long to get Celsius and Miles together and we're still waiting on calendar integration without a third party app (which invariably takes a while to sync and ends up being slower than removing my phone from a pocket, unlocking it and navigating to my calendar app).  This statement from FitBit is just one more nail in the coffin in my opinion (which is compounded by the fact that all this functionality was available in my Pebble, which FitBit now own).

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Fitbit and do not listen to their existing customers, just try hard to win
new ones.

Will not be continuing with them. Have already ported all my data out in
readiness of jumping to Garmin ship.
Nick--B
Recovery Runner

@SunsetRunner, you say "Have already ported all my data out in readiness of jumping to Garmin ship.", are you using the export data option from the web interface (https://www.fitbit.com/settings/data/export) or is there another option?  I've requested my data (which it says could take 24 hours) but is this in a format which can be imported in to other systems?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
@Nick--B I have used an export utility called fit to fit on play store.
Seems very good.
SolidCake90
Jogger

I wouldn't even care if the watch faces weren't stored on the watch itself, like the topic title says.  Just having a star you can tap on the watch face's page in the store to add it to a 'Favourites' page would be immensely helpful.  Since that's a change in the app and not in anything that has to do with the watch or its software, I don't see why we couldn't get a feature like that now.

mbigio
Jogger

I believe I have a simple solution for the Fitbit team that the software developers could probably implement in a matter of hours or days. Select some of the most popular (free & paid) watch faces and convert them to apps that anyone can download to their Versas. I found an app called "Chronograph" that's an analog watch face, with all the main fitness tracking data plus a stopwatch function. It uses very little memory and I can switch to it instantly on my Versa watch and back again to my chosen watch face without using the FitBit app on my phone. It's just like clicking the Exercise, Weather, Strava, and other apps that came pre-installed on the watch. Fitbit people, please think about this idea. I think it would be quite easy to implement. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@SunsetRunner about Fitbit supposedly not listening I suggest you look at the links near the bottom.of the Fearyre Board

Feature Suggestion FAQs

Feature Suggestions Policy

How does Feature Suggestions work?

One thing to note is Fitbit has never promised to implement every suggestion 

Then you may want to browse the list of 330 features that where requested and released

thedoctor158
First Steps

Already disappointed with Fitbit and then I get to read this. "Hi everyone, just a quick update that whilst this is unlikely to be released on Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Ionic, this has been noted by our Product teams and discussed for future products."

Versa and Ionic are advertised as smart watches but cannot perform this basic simple functionality. Even if you cant achieve that functionality on Versa, the app can always be upgraded to have a favorites section. Nobody has done anything about it even though this suggestion has been floating around for months now. 

Talk about the future products, I might just stop using the current product. Noway I am buying anything else from Fitbit. 

DME9315.
Stepping Up
This lack of response by the Fitbit coding team is why I sold my Ionic and
bought a Samsung Galaxy.
BizzBel
Jogger
Indeed! This would already be very helpful 🙂
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.