Store and Change Clock Faces in the Watches too (Without the app)

I would to store the different watch faces on the watch it's self so i can change them from the watch without needing the app.

Moderator Edit: Tile Update and Labels. 

121 Comments
KevinKenna
Jogger

So, I have a Fitbit ionic. It was purchased less than a year ago. What we're hearing from Fitbit is that this is certainly a feature they want to support for their users, but not for the installed base?

When I need a new sports watch, I will be buying a Garmin!

runnerbro1000
Jogger

Yes! please add this option!

DME9315.
Stepping Up
Do yourself a favor, ditch the fitbit and get a Samsung Galaxy! Fitbit
shows little concern for their customers needs...
Dan
yallara
First Steps

I simply assumed I'd be able to load several watch faces onto my new watch, and switch between them without using my phone. That's what I could do with my Pebble, and what's the point having different faces possible if you can't change them easily? So I loaded several from my phone, then went to go through them on the watch to see which I wanted to keep. Disbelief ensued.

Why do I want this? I use a large analogue face with little detail when I'm not wearing my glasses. I like one that shows how long to sunset, and not the time, when on holiday (haven't found one like this yet for Versa). I like health stats detailed, and not so much the date/time, while exercising. And a digital one that clearly shows date and time and battery while I'm at work.

On the Pebble I could load several faces onto the watch using my phone, and easily swap between them on the watch with a few button pushes. 

freshandrolls
First Steps

this is a very simple and excellent idea, and i would have actually expected this to be available from the get-go; say the ability to store 5 of your favourite clock faces (including its customized settings as applicable) to be stored on your device or linked phone library, this should technically be easy to setup and shouldnt take up a lot of space.  

hopefully fitbit takes this idea/suggestion and rolls this out in a next update.

JoshDinsdale
Jogger
Such optimism, you must be new here! 😂

Best Regards
Josh
Sent from my mobile
mdierschke
First Steps

I am a new Versa owner, just received yesterday and I already love it. But.. what I don't love is I can't store the clock faces I've downloaded?  I am sure this has been addressed by others but I'm writing it again.  There needs to be a way to save what we have downloaded.  There are hundreds of faces, no way to remember which ones you've already downloaded.  I would like to change them out regularly.  Please do an upgrade!

Sue-in-uk
Recovery Runner

I agree. I'd found the perfect clock face only to look at my Versa,  after an update must have happened, only to find the clock face had been changed ! I couldn't find the one I'd previously been happy with so now I have to have a different one ☹️

mdierschke
First Steps

I just posted this same comment, having missed this thread.  It appears this request has been in discussion for well over a year now and to my dismay, nothing has been upgraded.  I just got my first Versa yesterday and I love it but I quickly discovered I cannot save my watch faces which isn't cool.  There are so many nice options, so many different views that suit different times but without being able to save them, you can't utilize this function without alot of hassle and headache.  Bummer.  Come on Fitbit - give us an update on this please!

@iwjev wrote:

I would to store the different watch faces on the watch it's self so i can change them from the watch without needing the app.

Moderator Edit: Tile Update and Labels. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
If there's one thing I've learned, Fitbit don't care about communicating
changes to their customers. In fact, there is little evidence they care
about customers at all and I hate them for it.

It's been 6 months since any update to fitbit OS at all. Not impressed.

Nick
clarkejp
First Steps

Fitbit, please crack on with this! 😄😀😀

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed for development! Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates. Thanks for your patience.

SithL0rd
First Steps

Thanks! IMHO if nothing else being able to have favorites would be a huge win. 

runnerbro1000
Jogger

It would be nice if you could change watch face's on the Fitbit Ionic & Versa directly on the watch. I don't know why Fitbit doesn't have this ability added currently because all Wear OS and Apple watches can do this so why not Fitbit watches? 

elspiano
Jogger

I just purchased my Fitbit Versa 2 to replace my Samsung Galaxy s3 Frontier which dies in less than 2 years. My old fitbit still works, but I wanted the smart watch features of the Versa 2.

I agree with the drawback of not being able to save more than one face on the watch. I accidentally changed the face last night and it took be an hour to once again find the original one I wanted.

PLEASE, PLEASE work on this!!!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
>From what I understand there is an imminent Fitbit OS 4.1 update coming
December which addressed this. Can't wait!!!
lyro
Hill Runner
Heard the same.  Storage for 5 clockfaces is what I heard from a YT reviewer.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Status changed to: Released
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion will be released on the new update for the Fitbit Ionic and Versa family of smartwatches.

@iwjev , in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

lyro
Hill Runner
Yesssssss!!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Yanterko
Stepping Up
It would be nice if you can see the watch faces you sideloaded from Fitbit Studio in the Clocks app on your Fitbit smartwatch.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Yanterko, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to save different watch faces on your Fitbit watch. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about it here. If you want to become a developer and add your own clock face designs you can learn more about here

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.