Stronger Vibration When Different Goals Are Achieved eg Stairs

Summary:

1.  If you have FitBit Flex or Force, you know how cool it is to be 'buzzed' when you reach 10k steps.

2.  FitBit dev team, please add vibration 'celebration' for FitBit One "Steps" goal

3.  FitBit dev team, please add vibration 'celebration' for all devices for achieving "Stairs Climbed" and "Active Minutes" goal

Click "VOTE UP" if you think this feature would be useful to you.

I bought a Force, but returned it due to the thicker clasp and inaccuracy on Steps & Active Minutes (tried dom, non-dom hands/mods) compared to the One which is very accurate on my hip.

The only thing I miss about the Force is the buzzing at 10,000 steps.   It's a great little version of "Hooray" that is quite motivating.  Much more so than silently counting past my goal as the One does.  It doesn't make sense that the One, while having a buzzing capability via Alarm Clock, does not buzz when I reach 10,000 steps.

A simple firmware update would enable this awesome feature, and then the choice between the two would be if you want a watch or a clip style FitBit.  It would also be AWESOME for all buzz-capable devices to have buzzing celebrations for reaching the goals "Stairs Climbed" and "Active Minutes".  These are two distinct fields from steps taken.  Of course you could easily add "Calories Burned", which would be cool too.

Please keep improving your devices through firmware and don't leave us loyal One users behind!

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity. Labels

68 Comments
julebear
Jogger

I would te FitBit One to be able to vibrate when you reach you step goal.

PureEvil
10K Racer

While I think that it would be great idea that the Fitbit One to alert you once you've reached your goal, I'm not sure that buzzing would work effectively.  Since I keep mine clipped to my side with fairly loose fitting slacks, I found that I don't notice the buzzing.  I've tried to use it as a conventional (non-sleep) alarm, and I don't feel it buzzing when it's clipped on to my clothes.

On my wrist?  Absolutely.  On my clothes?  Nope.

Anyone else feel it buzzing while clipped on?

-Frank.

Mary
Cross-Country Runner

I notice it buzzing but it's clipped on my bra.  If it was on my waistband facing out, I don't think I would. 

I too would like this feature but it should be something you can turn on or off, if you want it or not.  

mrbuffneff
Stepping Up

I use the FitBit One exclusively on my waistband, and when I set alarms, I find them very noticable.

The only time I missed an alarm was when I was running and had the FitBit bouncing around a loose gym shorts pocket.  Now that I use my waistband, I always feel them.

Just a shame, it doesn't have the very simple "Buzz at Goal" logic, which is also a good reminder to Sync.

Rob

PureEvil
10K Racer

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but I'm just wondering how many folks would notice the buzzing.

I wonder if they can configure it to do a soft-beep.  This would work both for notifications and for locating it when it's somewhere in the house.

-Frank.

mrbuffneff
Stepping Up

Well, the FitBit One has no speaker so that would be impossible.   FitBit Team would have to release an entirely new device.

Adding FitBit vibration for goals achieved would just be a minimal firmware update.

MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

I'll go ahead and relocate this to our Feature Suggestion board. Thanks for the feedback!

riskman4
First Steps

Like the man said, he bought a second one after losing the first.  Just put a wartch band on it with a regular buckle.  Duh.

Savespups
Jogger
Why doesn't the Fitbit One have a celebration buzz like the Fitbit Flex has? Seems the technology is already in place given the fact it has a silent alarm. Would be a nice enhancement and motivator.
sfpeelo
First Steps

I agree! FitBit One should virbrate at goal completed. Man Tongue

Phil1927
Runner

The One may not have the lights system like the Flex does, but when we hit our set target an alarm could vibrate to let us know.

LestatFit
Premium User
First Steps
Hi all. As stated in the header, I would love my one to vibrate when my daily step goal is reached. Can you provide this feature in a future update Of the firmware? Grazie. Thank you.
Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for this great suggestion! Should we have any information about this, we'll be sure to post here. 

Gershon
Hill Runner

Allow us to set the Very Active Minutes level and other levels.

Include Very Active Minutes or miles  on  Zip display. Alternatively, display miles at walking/running pace on the website. 

I wear my Fitbit Zip all the time. I'd like the option to either track the Very Active Minutes and Very Active Steps. I'd also like the option to set the cut-off for VAM and steps. The reason for this is I'd like to be able to track only the miles/steps at walking pace. These are useful for measuring Aerobic exercise.

For instance, let's say I'm planning a long walk and I stop in a store. By eliminating the slow steps/miles from the total, I'd have a better idea how far I am along the route.

http://48statehike.blogspot.com

Rumi
Recovery Runner

Please enable vibration for reaching step goal on Fitbit One. I was spoiled with this, upon owning the Charge HR, but I had too many issues with it, and I prefer the accuracy and over all design of the Fitbit One. It seems only natural that it would vibrate upon reaching step goal. It's the only feature lacking in this model. Please address this in the next firmware update.

Karen1978
Jogger
Please can you add the option that your device vibrates once you have achieved your daily goal.
kd1970
Jogger
Please do so
Missa1178
First Steps
Yes! Please make this happen it would be awesome!
j225156
Recovery Runner
I would love for the fitbit one to vibrate
TenshiHikaru
Jogger
Great idea!
jules666
First Steps
Yes please!
Karen1978
Jogger
Come on Fitbit, please add this feature!
docmama28
Base Runner
Absolutely! Would be a great motivator!!
msdonna657
Stepping Up

I agree! That would be awesome!  

lysa_d
Jogger

Yes, that would be inspiring - 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.