Stronger alarm vibration on Sense

I have had Fitbit’s for years.
Was given a sense to replace my broken Verda 2.
The alarm on the Sense is so weak! Can barely feel the vibration, very disappointing as can’t rely on this to wake me up.
The Verda 2’s vibration was a lot better than this one.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

12 Comments
My2Sense
Jogger

I agree -- same for when you are relying on the vibration during an interval workout when there is noise and movement. For workouts, I had suggested that fitbit build an interval workout module in to their app that had audible signals. For those who sleep with their phones close by, this type of feature could be an option as well. 

Walks15050
First Steps

What vibration on the Sense?…..

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lulilu, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a stronger alarm vibration on Sense with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

My2Sense
Jogger

Looking back, I probably didn't do a great job explaining myself above. I agree that the vibration should be stronger for the alarm -- which is also a limitation when relying on it for interval workouts where movement, loud music, etc. make it hard to notice. 

If this issue is hard to address for existing devices -- my suggestion for interval workouts could also apply for alarms where it could trigger the app on our phone which could in turn trigger an audible alarm and even lighting the screen up for a wake up alarm.

MapleHill
Recovery Runner

I agree that the alarm vibration on the Sense is so weak as to be totally USELESS.  But don't believe the moderator.  Fitbit doesn't give a **ahem** what users want.  We have been asking with 880 requests for heart rate data download.  There are 2000 upvotes on just one of those messages.  They don't care; its marked "not currently planned".  I've had a Fitbit for many years starting with Charge HR and used the API to get the data until Fitbit changes broke my program which I should never have had to write in the first place.  So DON'T BOTHER making suggestions.  They will be ignored.

ljm623
First Steps

Fitbit - PLEASE make the alarm stronger on the Sense! I ha d purchased a Sense at my local Best Buy and absolutely loved it - HOWEVER, I had to return it due to the fact that the alarm is worthless! I rely heavily on alarms to wake up (without waking my husband) and to keep on schedule throughout the day. I really want to buy the Sense again but cannot because I cannot depend on that weak alarm. I've found several comments about this throughout the community. Not sure why it is so difficult. the Versa 2 alarm is fantastic!

Lulilu
First Steps
Hi
I couldn’t agree more!
The alarm is almost non existent.
I also had the Verda 2 and the vibrating alarm was perfect.
Sadly judging by other peoples comments it doesn’t seem as if anyone will
act on what we have been doing re the weak vibrations.
I wish I had taken it back and changed it for another Versa .
deichman
First Steps

My Ionic would wake me from a deep sleep right away. Even when awake I barely feel the Sense vibration - even with intensity sent to Strong. 

TennisWRC
Jogger

I agree with these posts.  I bought the Sense because of the Ionic recall.  I used the Ionic to wake me up due to the strong vibration.  The Sense strong setting is very weak and will not wake me.  I have no hearing in one ear and if my good ear is on the pillow I cannot hear the radio alarm.  I have not returned my Ionic and am considering keeping it and returning the Sense.  One of the main features I like about the Ionic is the vibration alarm.  My guess is that the vibration motor is weaker in the Sense.

Tricat
Recovery Runner

I was told that Google has bought Fitbit. Maybe they lost all the R&D Fitbit had done. I've had a Fitbit for a while. The last one the Ionic that was great but was recalled. Since then I had purchased the sense but had the same problems many Fitbit owners complaining of how weak the alarm vibrations are. And that they aren't adding any sound apps to add but that sort of explains what direction this range of watches are going. Nothing good.

LeoC56
First Steps

Definitely need  stronger vibration for the alarm. I need to get up early to walk before the heat of the day, and don't want to wake my wife.....

Thanks

Leo C

Pensacola Beach

WTWT
First Steps

The vibration on the silent alarm is way too soft. My fitbit Charge 3 died, so I upgraded to a Charge 5. The vibration intensity on the Charge 5 is way too weak to wake me up. Please bring back the ability to adjust the vibration sensitivity to STRONG. The current strength is inadequate. I will Be retuning this product and finding a better option.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.