Suggest Friends

It would be nice to be able to suggsest friends anytime rather than just at the time you accpet a friend.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels.

20 Comments
Jwalkiiing
Recovery Runner

Yes! I would like to suggest friends to my buddy that just signed on, but I missed that opportunity. Would like to be able to suggest friends at any time

Tags: friend suggestion , new , adding

1Fitgal
Base Runner

Exactly! I agree. 

samanark
First Steps

Yes, I would like to be able to recommend friends to others that are already here

SanMac
First Steps

It would be great if we can suggest/recommend friends at any time, other than at the initial offering.  

I am new to fitbit and was disappointed to learn this this was not an option.  I missing something?

It seems this was first mentioned 5 months ago.  Any possibility of this being implemented.

A million thanks.

Love fitbit.

Dnbaugh
First Steps

It would be great if we can suggest/recommend friends at any time, other than at the initial offering.  

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I like this idea. We all should be able to suggest friends anytime we want. That way we can keep everybody together and happy. Hopefully we will see this option in the nearest future! Thanks for your suggestion! 

ruffneck813
Jogger

I like the idea of being able to suggest friends. Hopefully they will allow an option to accept or decline. I do NOT like Fitbit giving me friend suggestions that I didn't ask for, putting them into my friend list and not allowing me to delete them. Now I'm stuck with a random person taking up a space on my friend list. It's very irritating and frustrating that I can't remove them!

Nate-S
Recovery Runner

It's quite silly for FitBit to make it difficult for user's social network to grow.

rhashieder
Jogger
Yes I would like to see the ability
To suggest friends to friends.

Thanks
Randy
ElderBeemer
First Steps

+1 - one more vote for this feature!

Since getting my Charge HR over a year ago, I've "evangelized" and gotten no less than 10 people onto Fitbit (brother, bro-in-law, sis-in-saw, mom, son, nieces, friends, coworkers), and have missed not having the ability to suggest friends to several of them on multiple occasions. Case in point: my brother in Singapore just got the Charge HR I sent him yesterday and I added him as a friend, but there's no way for me to suggest other friends (the rest of my family) for him to add.

Thanks for reading,

- bmw -

JuneR.
First Steps

It would be great to suggest friends to other fitbit friends any time -  not only when the original email re friend accepted was sent.  

Chicksy
First Steps

This suggestion has been 'on the board' for almost a year now - the only status info is 'reviewed by moderator' which isn't very helpful.  I think we should be able to make friend suggestions 'at will' - how hard can this be to implement? Can anyone from FitBit give more info about the real status of this requested improvement?

Cazzaxfletch
First Steps

Yes I agree, 'tis would be a good feature to have 

marlonZA
Jogger

+1 please

It's not social at all to only be able to suggest-on-add

AlisonW
Recovery Runner

I agree with all and time is marching on since the discussion began.  Any word from Fitbit as to the progress of this rather basic and obvious requirement?

chankit
First Steps

This feature is so obviously beneficial to both users and fitbit (more friends = more brand loyalty). So obvious that it should be considered bug and not a feature request, since the feature is already available for newly accepted friends.

Kimer
Jogger

I would like to be able to suggest friends at any time

shep5_7
Jogger

Yes because in the original email friends suggestions I could not view my other friends. Meaning the people I wanted to suggest were not options. Please add an option to suggest friends after the original invite.

baileymb124
Recovery Runner

YES... This is a terrible feature to be missing. Doesn't make sense at all.

~MB

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.