Support Chinese and other Asian Languages in English Interface

The charge 2 is able to display SMS contact name and detail information. However, when the name or content has Chinese or other non ASCII language, it failed to display anything.

Now, we have to choose to China or Taiwan location in order to see the "Simplifed Chinese" (I am very sorry it even can't support Traditional Chinese). However, this change will change the whole interface into Simplified Chinese. 

Could you pleasee support Chinese and other Asian languages in English interface, too?

In short, please support UTF-8.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

50 Comments
songyi783
Jogger
I bought surge in Canada and also have many friends bought it in china. The worst thing is all of them do not support Chinese character . That stop many people to buy it and I will rebound it if it will not support chinese in next update ! I will buy garmin vivoactive that is good for we chat and chinese character.
songyi783
Jogger
不支持微信和中文的,失掉原有智能手表的意义。
SiuGut
First Steps

Please support Chinese on Surge, thank you!

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

standflat
Keeping Pace

I concur with SiuGut that Chinese language must be surpported if Fibit wants to further expand its market penetration. Personally I receive SMSes in Chinese once in a while but cannot read them as they're shown as garbled text.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This could be a great addition to Fitbit Surge notifications!

Thanks for stopping by! Woman Wink

youngbamboo
Jogger

Why this watch in China without the Chinese character support? It doesn't make sense!

cestmysnde
First Steps
blaze do not support chinese either. most chinese user do not know how to post comment here but there are indeed quite a lot fitbit users struggling with this issue in china. please do something.
juniorelnino
Jogger

It will be good for blaze to support mandarin, very often, i use my blaze to control my spotify and I cannot see which track did I skip to. 

KevinHsu
Jogger

I was start to using Fitbit Charge 2 to improve my health recently.
I was located in Taiwan. Peoples here are familiar to set the Language setting in "Traditional Chinese".

It seems the Fibit Charge 2 have some issue to support Traditional Chinese message. I saw a lots of message missing/corruption in my Fibit Charge 2.

Please help to fix the issue to support Traditional Chinese. Thanks!

anchor.hung01
Walker

Hope can support traditional Chinese soon.

TimChan
First Steps

Keen to have the Traditional Chinese.

colinchien
Jogger

The Fitbit products has been selling in Taiwan for a while, how come it still not supports Traditional Chinese.

maoz
First Steps

Pebble did this very well in the past, their watch supports Chinese characters under Notifications when the main system is still in English. Since you bought Pebble, you should learn from it.

youngbamboo
Jogger

Any update?

LittleLokLok
First Steps

Hong Kong use English and Traditional Chinese. However i am very disappointed with my charge 2. it does not support traditional Chinese.

cama0229
First Steps

My fitbit charge 2 often shows square for messages in Traditional Chinese. Please help fix it otherwise I can't understand what it wants me to do. It's really a bad user experience.

Joseph.Yim
First Steps

Voted. Alta 2 already supports T. Chinese but not Charge 2. It's given an impression to customer it's not worth to buy Fitbit product as they only put effort on new product and enhabcement on old product is ignored or deprioritized. 

Peggyppppp
First Steps

I really hope my charge 2 can support Traditional Chinese ASAP!!!!!!!

It's so inconvenient and useless that my screen only shows "Unknow".....

chengwenliu
First Steps

This problem is actually very easy to solve. I am wondering why you are still paying NO attention. 

wilson.c
First Steps

I'm disappointed that the charge 2 does not support non-English characters on a English firmware while only provides limited support on Traditional Chinese on a Traditional Chinese firmware.

jxxnky
Jogger

I hope this problem can be solved asap. Seeing Traditional Chinese characters as bricks on my Charge 2 annoys me. This really should have been dealt with before the product was launched in Hong Kong.

Blackperl
Recovery Runner

Please support Thai language and Asian languages as well. I'm from Thailand and I choose Ionic Fibit instead of Garmin and Samsung becasue you are selling official Fitbit Ionic in Thailand why have you not supported the language in where you're selling yet?

Many sport/smart band/watch in Thailand such as Garmin, Samsung Gear... , Apple Watches, Sony, Moto, Huaweii, and other Chinese bands already supported these asian languages.

Now Music and Notifications on Fitbit Ionic is unreadable. 

LATTAEz
Stepping Up

Please support UTF8 (including Thai) notification and music. I have this problem from my Charge HR, Blaze and to now Ionic. This make notification function useless for me (and maybe all of us in Thailand). I hope you guys at Fitbit will fix this for us. I buy Ionic with my hope that Ionic will support Thai notification in the nearly future (because you guy call it "smartwatch"). If not, my next watch maybe not Fitbit again. (T_T)

kunpang
First Steps

Thai notification is the most important thing that Fitbit team missed for Thai people.

Actually,it's my mistake too because I belived that  the problem would be solved

@zjnowwrote:

The charge 2 is able to display SMS contact name and detail information. However, when the name or content has Chinese or other non ASCII language, it failed to display anything.

Now, we have to choose to China or Taiwan location in order to see the "Simplifed Chinese" (I am very sorry it even can't support Traditional Chinese). However, this change will change the whole interface into Simplified Chinese. 

Could you pleasee support Chinese and other Asian languages in English interface, too?

In short, please support UTF-8.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

soon but you make me disappointed.

kunpang
First Steps

Thai notification is the most important thing that Fitbit team missed for Thai people.

Actually,it's my mistake too because I belived that  the problem would be solved soon but you make me disappointed.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.