Support Food Plans with a weight gain goal

Not everybody wants to lose weight. Some want to gain weight and build muscle.

Moderator edit: added label

157 Comments
QueenSakina
Jogger

Fitbit team please consider this!

rbingham
First Steps

July 2015 and still nothing. 

Niko162617
First Steps
I'm a athlete who needs to gain some weight for my sports I do rugby and football the plan was introduced on the new update but no available plan to go off of this really made me mad
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS IDEA
Niko162617
First Steps
I'm a athlete who needs to gain some weight for my sports I do rugby and football the plan was introduced on the new update but no available plan to go off of this really made me mad
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS IDEA
Niko162617
First Steps
VOTE FOR THE OTHER ONE NO VOTES ON THIS ONE !!!!!!!
JennyHuang
First Steps

Vote for this. I am trying go gain weight too. Fitbit doesn't support to make a plan and it keeps telling me I ate too much!!

Grr8jon
Recovery Runner

It has been years and this is still not implemented.  This is ignoring a large population (People who weight train, Pregnant women, underweight people, elderly individuals and more). 

hassi2k7
Base Runner

must-have feature for a good fitness tracker!

hassi2k7
Base Runner

totally agree. it's an very important feature for atheltes who want to build muscles.

Status changed to: Released
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there @DriesDeSchepper! I'm very happy to say that this request has been implemented, so now you can actually set up a weigh gain goal on your Dashboard. Robot wink

Thank you very much for supporting this idea. Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum. Thanks!

NxJNightHawk
First Steps

Hi @Mcore, that's great news! Is this available in the iOS app too now?

Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NxJNightHawk! This option is available on the iOS app. All you need to do is log to the app > Tap the Weight Tile > Tap on "edit goal" on the Weight Log > Select "Gain" and setup your new goal. Here is an example in pictures so you can have a better idea:

ios weight tile.png

ios weight log.png

ios weight gain goal.png

I hope this helps you out! Robot wink

hassi2k7
Base Runner

When will this be available for the Windows Phone App?

JLMcK4
Jogger
When will this be available for android? Please tell me soon
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@hassi2k7 and @JLMcK4 I still do not have that information. If there are any news about it, this will be published in our website or Community.

sgwhite
First Steps

I want the ability to have a weight gain goal. I am underweight. Why isn't this an option? Is it just on iOS?

@DriesDeSchepper wrote:

Not everybody wants to lose weight. Some want to gain weight and build muscle.

sgwhite
First Steps

Why does it say implemented when the food diary still won't let you set a weight gain goal?

JLMcK4
Jogger
I don't want to be annoying or be "that guy" but this is becoming such a pain. When I first bought my fitbit, I was told it would help me track weight gain. I'm happy to hear it's on iOS, but it's still not on Android, which I use. Based on other apps, that typically means there won't be an android update for another few months. At this point, I just want to return my fitbit as it's not really doing what I need it to do.
sgwhite
First Steps
>From what I can tell it's barely even on iOS. You can set weight gain as a
goal but it won't let you tailor your food plan for weight gain. It's
frustrating.
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for the update @sgwhite. Allow me to forward this to our developers so they can give us a hand with this. Any new updates, I'll make sure to share them with all of you.

Grr8jon
Recovery Runner

JLMcK4, I know what  you mean.  Baby steps. 

I'm glad it's out for iOS.  Now the wait for android....Hopefully the next update has it. 

Long overdue update. 

Taneesh
First Steps

Thank you so much for such prompt and alert responses. Would be waiting for the soon to be released android and windows update too 🙂

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

My pleasure @Taneesh

Status changed to: New
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Niko162617! I'm very happy to say that this feature has been implemented, so now you can set up a weigh gain goal on your Dashboard. Woman Wink

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts! See you around. 

HeidiHdez
First Steps

two years later and still no support for weigh gain plans... listen to your clients, fit bit. Your service would be complete.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.