Support Food Plans with a weight gain goal

Not everybody wants to lose weight. Some want to gain weight and build muscle.

Moderator edit: added label

157 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mattmattmatt, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track weight gain goal. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Vrooney
First Steps
The weight management section of Fitbit focuses on caloric intake plans for weight loss or weight maintenance, but not for weight gain. We need to add plans for weight gain.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Vrooney, thanks for sharing this suggestion about supporting a gain weight food plan food plan with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

BananniKablammy
First Steps
Just like it shows if you go over your calorie count for maintaining or losing weight, it should have a target calorie count that the app calculates for gaining weight. Other fitness apps like Lifesum have it already, where it asks how many pounds you want to gain and then gives you a timeline and a food plan to follow, tracking ideal macro counts
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BananniKablammy, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to support food plans with a weight gain goal. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

splanana
First Steps
Currently the Food Plan gives this message when you enter a desired weight greater than your current weight:

Hint: Food plan does not support weight gain. You will be given a maintenance plan.

It should instead say:

Okay!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @splanana, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about supporting weight gain as a food plan goal with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.