Support Hebrew Language in Notifications for Charge 3

Support Hebrew language in notifications.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

238 Comments
melkammar
Jogger

Please add Arabic script support too.

vitalis
Base Runner

Just wonder - will this new gadget from Fitbit support Unicode and Whatsapp notifications?

https://www.fitbit.com/ionic

Litalk
Stepping Up

@vitalis

no one from fitbit will answer you here (this is 'old uninteresting news')

I would open a new thread with the new device title (they will answer on a new thread, especially on a new 299$ device.... sadly.....)

good luck

vitalis
Base Runner

@Litalk I've already asked in Fitbit Ionic device thread about Unicode support in notifications and messages. But so far it looks like they do not answer there as well.

Yious
First Steps

Support unicode characters in the alta watch screen. That will enable getting notifications in Hebrew and other languages. Thanks! 

Yious
First Steps

This feature would be great for the alta too!

melvynadam
Recovery Runner

I love my Fitbit Blaze and am a huge fan of the community and social side of being a Fitbit user.

I’ve brought friends and family into the community - encouraging some to buy Fitbit devices and even gifting some.

But this issue is forcing me to abandon my love affair with Fitbit. It’s clear that we’re just guilty of wishful thinking if we believe they’ll ever add support for other languages. These are classic American developers who see the world divided into two: “America” and “others”. And they’re not interested in supporting the foreign “others”.

I have an iPhone, an iPad, and soon an Apple Watch Series 3.

My Blaze will go on eBay and I’ll always wonder if the Ionic would have been a nice upgrade. 

Alexla
Jogger

I start use Fitbit this week.

it is very good sport watch, but not supporting Hebrew.

i believe it will be fixed soon.

Avibavi
Recovery Runner

They don't care/read comments here... Right them on Facebook chat or on Twitter for them to notice our issues.

It's a shame they don't follow up on these issues... And seems like they are in no hurry to help us out with our issue as they are not responding not adding any additional language to the Fitbit..

I am disappointed in my Fitbit and I don't recommend it to people often... Not only because of its functions but also because of costumer service

SM10
Jogger

How about hebrew? שלום

2gthes
Jogger

Still no support in greek language. So, I bought my first apple watch and I am totally excited. Bye bye fitbit.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. There aren't currently plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released here in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Andy-fbit
Recovery Runner

On the newest Ionic with it's own OS, apps etc - still no support for non-latin chars. 

And "Not currently planned" which is really sad. 

See and upvote top feature suggestion

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Cyrillic-Characters-for-Fitbit-Trackers/idi-p/91...

dannydandan
Jogger

I realize this has been neglected for previous devices, but with Fitbit trying to enter the smartwatch market and compete directly against Apple Watch and Wear OS, it's time to support non-latin character sets as well. Other smartwatches have supported it long ago, there's no reason why Fitbit shouldn't.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Moufassa
First Steps

Same here. can't be a smartwatch if I can't read messages. Really too bad. 

boazbk
First Steps

Completely agree. Ridiculous that this is not solved in May 2018. My wife has no problem with Hebrew on her Apple Watch.

yosikaa
First Steps

hey guys, 

please add hebrew notifications for the fitbit versa. 

just the font so we will be able to read whats written. 

shayhanya
First Steps

Hi

Hebrew support from sms, who is calling will be great.

Thanx

Shay

YossiV
Jogger

Hi  we would like to get a status update in this one. How can it be that this device is so popular here in Israel and no Hebrew support. Its just encoding issue. Its. Not even new features. This should be out of the box. 

Please push this to your upcoming releases... 

Wiederman
Jogger

Please Fitbit,

As a developer I have hard time to understand why Fitbit OS doesn't support international Unicode. You made big launch in Israel with the Versa and many customers feel same as me, "you screwed us".

I'm attaching photo just for you guys to see how is receiving notifications in unsupported language text.

Example img: 

https://imgur.com/a/orVmXNf

COME ON FITBIT - its just a patch with unicode, i dont get it.

why is it so hard to implement it on your OS.

We dont ask for hebrew in the menus, we ask for Hebrew and RTL support.

If you want we, as community, will fix it just handle us the right permission.

vitalis
Base Runner

I just noticed that Fitbit Android application got a new feature: Enable Transliteration under Notifications menu. It means that all incoming notifications will be converted in to latin characters.

Well, it is not pure Unicode support but it is better than empty rectangles.

TripleEYE
Stepping Up

@vitalis wrote:

I just noticed that Fitbit Android application got a new feature: Enable Transliteration under Notifications menu. It means that all incoming notifications will be converted in to latin characters.

Well, it is not pure Unicode support but it is better than empty rectangles.

This feature is not new, nor is it nearly or even remotely good enough for any of us Hebrew (or even Cyrillic) users.

Thanks for the good interest intentions; but I wouldn't want FitBit support thinking this solves this ancient unresolved uncared for issue, when in fact it doesn't.

vitalis
Base Runner

@TripleEYEwrote:

This feature is not new, nor is it nearly or even remotely good enough for any of us Hebrew (or even Cyrillic) users.

Thanks for the good interest intentions; but I wouldn't want FitBit support thinking this solves this ancient unresolved uncared for issue, when in fact it doesn't.

Ok, maybe I just did not see that feature (transliteration) before. And I do agree - this is not a solving of the Unicode problem.

TripleEYE
Stepping Up

@vitalis wrote:

And I do agree - this is not a solving of the Unicode problem.

🙂

It's been years and they are not giving this much though. Even on the newest devices, I believe.

But hopefully they will eventually do something about this.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.