Support Multiple trackers with just one active at a time

It is great that Fitbit added support for multiple trackers in a single account (albeit different types.) I would like to see the ability to have multiple trackers linked to one account and the ability to 1) select which is active at any point in time--or conversely just the ability to put a tracker in sleep or 'off' mode and 2) the ability to sync the one that was 'off' so pick up new activity being tracked by the other device.

My scenario is that I have a FitBit One, a Charge2 and a Flex2. My primary device is the One. I bought the Flex2 just to use for workouts in water. I like the Charge2 but primarily use it for auto sleep tracking. I don't find that the devices are all that in sync for the steps they record. I would like to be using the One and then sync the Flex2 and make it the primary device and then do my water workout, sync back to the account and resume using the One and sleep the Flex2. (Similar for the Charge2 when I wish to use it as well.)

Please consider supporting. Adding a device to the account has become painful as with the Flex2 and Charge2 there are more than 10 "OK"s. If all are left active I find myself having very large numbers of steps "erased".

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

4 Comments
RevHiD
Recovery Runner

I did not seem to have a problem switching between my Alta and my first gen Charge HR, but I took both my Alta and my new Flex 2 on a road trip and steps disappeared like magic! It was so frustrating! If I moved the tracker I was not wearing (in my suitcase or unpacking) it erased all my steps!  The ability to put a tracker in sleep or "no count" mode would solve this problem. Or, the app could ask which device I am wearing when it syncs. I was very careful to sync before changing the device I was wearing and I still had problems!

suzanneclark
First Steps

I have the same problem with my Charge 2 and Flex 2.  I used to have the Blaze and the Alta, which were able to "communicate with each other", every time I changed trackers and synced my steps appeared on both devices without losing data.  I called customer support and was informed that fitbit changed the way trackers worked and that I would have to choose one tracker per day or create another account.  Please update them and go back to the way it was.  I am not the only one who has multiple trackers for different things.

devenie
First Steps

Fitbit really needs to do something about this. The solutions seem pretty simple with the software. Just provide a way to mark that one "off" or "inactive" but keep linked to the account. Then you could fully sync the active and then have an option to make the other active and then pause the current one you just synced. The charge 2 is woefully inaccurate indoors especially on a treadmill so I just can't bear to use it at those times. But I love the auto tracking of exercise (although it can be stupid there and break a workout up if you just stop to greet someone.) Please make this a priority. It has to be good for Fitbit as it means your community is buying more than one device.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.