Support Pandora Playlists (not just Stations)

I switched from Spotify Premium to Pandora Premium purely for the Ionic. The two options currently there:

• Auto-sync my top Pandora stations
  • Let me choose from popular Workout stations on Pandora

Are extremely limiting. We really can't sync a Pandora playlist to the Ionic? I was expecting to be able to curate a pandora playlist on my phone and send it to my Ionic.

Is there any Ionic benefit to having Pandora Premium over Pandora Plus?

Edit 10 days later: At a bare minimum it would be nice to atleast be able to choose which stations got sent to the Ionic. It seems to be completely arbitrary in the stations it chooses. At least let the user select which stations should be synced, and if there is a technical reason why that station can't be synced, report that to the user. The guesswork is frustrating and slow. I actually had to delete all my stations but 3 well curated ones to work around these limitations. Now when I listen to something new I have to remember to delete the station or risk it getting synced to the Ionic and replacing another station.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

34 Comments
azucena-baez
Recovery Runner

I completely agree, i have a playlist that i listen to while running and i can't synch it to the ionic. Being able to synch Pandora was one of the reasons i bought this device but it's a completely useless feature for me. 

ham0nry3
First Steps

Major disappointment! This is one the the features anyone purchasing this device would assume to be functional if paying for a monthly music subscription. This feature needs to be implemented ASAP. One has to wonder if the issue is on the Pandora side or Fitbit? The short sightedness of Fitbit developers limiting coach workouts to the 3 preinstalled types makes me think Fitbit is to blame here. Hopefully, 3rd party developers can add some more functionality to this fairly expensive device yhat hasnt delivered on a few critical points i think most users expected.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MaginB
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

azucena-baez
Recovery Runner

I find it difficult to believe that the moderator would only think this an interesting idea that COULD be useful?  I don't understand why flexibility of this kind was not thought to be something that everyone wants and should just be standard in today's tech devices, who would be okay with being limited to no options?

Goddfadda
Base Runner

Add my yes vote to this suggestion.  My feeling is that when paying for a subscription, you should be able to choose which stations/playlist you should be able to listen to.  My top 3 stations are music I listen to to relax and not what I want to listen to when exercising.  This should be a standard option.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Add me to list!!!!

amymgroma
First Steps

I'm in agreement.  I want to listen to my Pandora playlist, not a station, on my Fitbit Versa. 

CPittsley
First Steps

Please allow us to sync playlists from Pandora to Versa! It is extremely dissapointing to only get 3 top stations.  I "upgraded" to Pandora from Amazon Music for this watch alone, but it doesn't seem worth it if all I get to listen to are subpar stations. 

On another note, please work something out with Amazon to allow your Versa to use the Amazon Music app to sync playlists too.

scclay76
First Steps

Please change this to support playlists! The main reason I switched to a Versa was because I could listen to music and not have to carry my phone. I, like most people, have a specific playlist for different workouts. This feature would boost how my Fitbit motivates me to workout to my best ability. 

Thank you!

Dmus38
First Steps

Please add the ability to sync playlists. This was a huge reason for me to move to Premium. Also can you provide a timeline for this type of functionality to be added. It clearly is a in demand functionality...

Chloeblair
Jogger

Please add the ability to sync playlists. This was a huge reason for me to move to Premium. Also can you provide a timeline for this type of functionality to be added. It clearly is a in demand functionality...

I am with this guy... I spent the extra $50 on the Versa so I could put my playlist on there but I couldn't put my apple music on there, the Dreezer app needs wifi and now I can't put the Pandora premium playlist on there.  Very upset with the limitations on the music options for this.

Redliana
Base Runner

I hope Fitbit works with Pandora to expand the options to load specific playlists and/or stations on the Fitbit Versa.

Turbobee
First Steps

We need this feature. It is crazy that I can't select a playlist to download to my Versa.

JaneEllen2
First Steps

I am returning my Versa because I cannot choose the playlist I created in Pandora Premium. Very disappointing that this is not allowed!

TheScholar89
First Steps

I agree with this post, I would rather use pandora over deezer because it give you the option to block out explicit songs, but I am using Deezer because it give me the ability to make a playlist.

ham0nry3
First Steps
Obviously, Pandora developers are not engaged in making the Pandora fitbit
app work the way we would expect.
Fortunately, Deezer does have this functionality and sports a better
library of music and other extras. I switched to Deezer months ago and will
never go back.
TheScholar89
First Steps

That's true, I figured this out a few minutes after I made that post.

kpeezy18
First Steps

The only reason I chose the Fitbit Ionic over competitor fitness trackers/watches is because it claimed to support Pandora.

After unboxing, I discover that the Pandora "support" is limited to playing Pandora stations, not the playlists that I've created for myself.

Fitbit, listen.  I want to listen to exactly the music I've already selected--not Pandora stations that play music that I mostly like, but sometimes don't.  I'm running here, not washing dishes.  I want to hear what I want to hear--and nothing else.  

I regret to say that I'm returning my Fitbit Ionic, no more than 18 hours after it was delivered to my door.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Sorry to hear.  I love my Versa.  I can download from iPhone I think playlists and definitely deezer.  I love battery life and sleep app all in one place to look at all info.  Never use Apple watch

gottadiggit
First Steps

I'm very disappointed that I can't use my Pandora playlists on my Versa.  Part of the reason I chose the Versa was because it was compatible with Pandora and I assumed I'd be able to upload the music I wanted to listen to, not just random music off a station.  I can't see why this wouldn't be available as an option, since you can download music from your phone or computer.  

matthewgunn
First Steps

Add me to the list of people who got the watch lnot just for running, but also music, and got Pandora Premium under the assumption I could download playlists to the watch. Please add this feature.

r815michelle
First Steps

I am extremely disappointed that I cannot use my Pandora Playlist on my Fitbit Vera.  I am loving my Fitbit so far but the music aspect is upsetting.  This should not even be an issue playlists should be allowed to be exported to my Fitbit.

ksimonsen
First Steps

I also updated to pandora premium and created a playlist for running. So disappointed that I can not download it. Then tried thumbprint radio... played meditation music I had liked from using pandora in my classroom. Not great for running. Went back and unliked all music that wasn’t good for running. Thumbprint radio never updated. 

I want to play my playlist and SHUFFLE the music. PLEASE FIX. 

ham0nry3
First Steps
Deezer is the only answer. You can choose a couple of playlists that will
auto update when you charge the Ionic or Versa. It also gives you a
playlist created for you based on your listening.

I do wish they had an option for Spotify though.
Sithean
First Steps

This is infuriating. I specifically bought the Versa because I thought I could use my playlist off of Pandora. (My bad - I will research much more carefully when I buy my next tracker [after returning this one]). Just spent an hour making a perfect playlist, only to find out I can only listed to stations. So, so disappointing. Why in the heck isn't this an option for Pandora?

Edit: May give Deezer a try. Seriously aggravated and disappointed.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.