Support Pandora Playlists (not just Stations)

I switched from Spotify Premium to Pandora Premium purely for the Ionic. The two options currently there:

• Auto-sync my top Pandora stations
  • Let me choose from popular Workout stations on Pandora

Are extremely limiting. We really can't sync a Pandora playlist to the Ionic? I was expecting to be able to curate a pandora playlist on my phone and send it to my Ionic.

Is there any Ionic benefit to having Pandora Premium over Pandora Plus?

Edit 10 days later: At a bare minimum it would be nice to atleast be able to choose which stations got sent to the Ionic. It seems to be completely arbitrary in the stations it chooses. At least let the user select which stations should be synced, and if there is a technical reason why that station can't be synced, report that to the user. The guesswork is frustrating and slow. I actually had to delete all my stations but 3 well curated ones to work around these limitations. Now when I listen to something new I have to remember to delete the station or risk it getting synced to the Ionic and replacing another station.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

34 Comments
Parkkeeper
First Steps

Pandora stations won't transfer from Samsung s 10 to Ionic

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Parkkeeper, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option for your Ionic. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

chocolaight
Recovery Runner

the purpose of buying the Versa 2 was for the music. Fix it or i will return it and go to Apple

claudiuo
First Steps

More than 2 years since the OP and still no resolution, at list a partial one, like being able to select our own workout stations. Very disappointing.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @kenjamin and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

lhoefft85
First Steps

Is there an update on this?  I see that it was moved to "under consideration" back in April and has had no updates since then.  Will this option be moving to production soon?

Bagrzeg
Recovery Runner

Just adding more comments to hopefully get this idea some attention again. This alone would keep me on the path of an upgrade to Fitbit Sense.

K_Williams
First Steps

I have a Fitbit Sense and was mislead by not understanding I needed the paid for subscription to Pandora to listen to my music. I like have my stations but as a runner, would prefer to have my curated playlists for my different running distances; especially if I can shuffle the music in the playlist.

I think that is worth the investment, with everything else, we are paying for and have purchased. Thank you.

Loving my Fitibit but would love to support the brand even further as a brand ambassador.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.