Support for Brazil and Portuguese language

I would very much like the translation to Brazilian Portuguese.

Moderator Edit: updated subject for clarity and label

83 Comments
JoanaOM
First Steps

Hey!
I'd really really love to offer my mother a fitbit so that we can get into challenges together but she can't read english.

When are you going to make Portuguese available?

plotlessplot
First Steps

Guys, is it really that difficult and/or expensive to hire a localization company to translate your apps and services to the 6th most popular language on the planet? If you sell your products in Portugal and Brazil, you should at least have that language available. C'mon, Fitbit, I know from experience that hiring a localization company to handle translations for apps with millions of users is not that hard.

Vascaíno
First Steps

When will Portuguese be available? I just got a charge 3 and I am surprised to discover that the 6th most spoken language isn’t supported.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Vascaíno, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

venenoso
First Steps

Another one requesting Portuguese, please guys it´s about time.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add Portuguese (Portugal) and also Portuguese (Brazil) to both Fitbit app and devices.

It’s almost outrageous that this language hasn’t been added yet.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

If Portuguese isn’t added I can’t get a Fitbit device for my kid!

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @SunsetRunner! Thank you for sharing your suggestion. This suggestion already exist, this is why I moved your idea here. Please give kudos to support the suggestion by clicking on the thumbs up button.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Portuguese (Brazil) is as important as Portuguese (Portugal).

The two should be added.

Should we wait another year?

JoseEduardo
Jogger

Hello. I bought the new charge3, ​​but it does not have the Portuguese language of Brazil. Are there plans to put this language?

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @JoseEduardo ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy 

CataJer
Base Runner

We need Portuguese language in app and versa watch.

And also portuguese food database.

I think that it's not so hard to translate the main dashboard to Portuguese.

Thanks.

CataJer
Base Runner

Hello!

In my opinion, translate the app and the clock to Portuguese language it's not so difficult. A lot of watches' imitations has it already, and big brands too, in Portuguese and in other languages.

Portuguese language (and their variations) is present practically everywhere in and "under" the Equator line.

You should expand the country preferences... Like the food database. This one it's more complicated.. But maybe include "Mediterranean database", to serve a lot of countries.

Regards.

Tarso
First Steps

Gentlemen, let’s be honest. This is not a priority for the fitbit team. Although it looks relatively easy, topics like this have been running for almost 3 years, so it's simple, they have something more important to worry about. I bought Fitbit for myself and to help my parents monitor health, but the management of the data is very difficult for those who do not speak English. Mi Band arrived in Brazil. a gadget that although Chinese, demonstrates the same technology and resources as the fitbit, even new features.

I guess it’s  time to be honest to ourselves and move on.

venenoso
First Steps
Yes, that is why we all should move on and get an option that have the language that we prefer in this case portuguese, a lot is out there at the same leevel like Xiaomi...

Obter o Outlook para Android
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This low priority is the reason why I am the only one in my house that has a Fitbit. Should I get a Fitbit for my kids when they can't read English?

I think I should move on then...

FelipeRegata
First Steps
Absolutely you are right that’s why i am using Apple Watch now! My
relatives also had a hard time with Fitbit! Such a loss! But I’m happy with
Apple Watch now.
--
Felipe ‭+447917922501‬
EdgardGondim
Jogger

Please, 

Make portuguese available. 

ecs2000
Jogger

The Brazilian users already deserve Portuguese translation ...Let's do it Fit Bit.

nutsbr
First Steps

I want to give Fitbits to my elderly parents to get them to be more active. They can get by with their smartphones, but not with an app and device in English.

celloweb
First Steps

Please add the brazilian portuguese language to FITBIT Versa line of products. Apple Watch Series 4 have full brazilian portuguese support aswell Android watches. Fitbit is loosing brazilian customers even in US.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion @JJ_BR! We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. Woman Wink

JackelineGodoy
First Steps

update to add portuguese language please

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JackelineGodoy , and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about supporting Portuguese language with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness. 😊

Jamie12312
Jogger

Please add Portuguese language for the speakers in Brazil, where English is not common language.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.