Support of Revolut cards (and Monzo, N26, etc.) for Fitbit Pay

There are some banks that are "mobile first", like Revolut, Monzo, N26, and few more. They usually issue MasterCard or Visa.

It would be a great market for you, as they are available in many countries, and they usually reach techy people, which probably fits well with the Fitbit audience.

I guess Revolut would be a good start, as they are available in more countries.

106 Comments
boynux
Jogger
Yes, what about N26?
RomanKadlec
Recovery Runner

anyone was able to add Fitbit regular card (for non-premium users) or are the Black only supported right now?

Alandproject
Recovery Runner

All Mastercards are supported Free and premium .

RomanKadlec
Recovery Runner

not working for my Revolut account at this moment (tried to create a new virtual Mastercard card as well) so probably it is rolling out in waves. Thanks for info though

Alandproject
Recovery Runner

most probably because both sides are very quiet 😄 

NKH
Keeping Pace

It worked with a new standard virtual Mastercard Smiley Happy

crobbins
Recovery Runner
It's not working with my metal card

Calvin Robbins
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It finally worked for me. I wasn’t getting the verification code by sms when my phone was in roaming mode.

crobbins
Recovery Runner
Not working for me on my metal or virtual card

Calvin Robbins
Mrfksiv
Stepping Up

Is this really done? 

Doesn't seem to work - same error as before, that the bank is not supported.

Tried both with a standard revolut card and a business revolut card.

Could it be that the feature is enabled only for some countries?

RomanKadlec
Recovery Runner

It is working in some countries, but nothing was announced officially yet. So they are probably testing it now. I hope it will come to all countries soon 🙂

Dancap
First Steps
guys, for which countries did it work??
LeTof
Stepping Up

Works for me, I’m from France. 😊

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I’m from Germany. 

Mrfksiv
Stepping Up
Not working in Cyprus but no surprise there! 😛
ilMartiniano
Jogger
I'm fronte italy
admin333
Stepping Up
NOT working in LATVIA
Revolut (Visa) / Revolut virtual (Visa) :((((

--
Best regards,
Olegs Sprugis

Phone: +371 26128759
E-mail: admin333@gmail.com
Milos001
First Steps

Not working in Malta :malta: Revolut ( VISA) 😏

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Only Revolut master card is supported now. Revolut visa will not work independent from your country.

RomanKadlec
Recovery Runner

Revolut Mastercard not working in Slovakia atm (tried to add my physical card and created a new one virtual, but no luck with either of them)

Dancap
First Steps
I am from Germany as well. N26 not working here 🙂 I think I will open a
Revolut Account 😄
monxalo
First Steps

Revolut MasterCard working here in Portugal!

Mihi
Jogger

Revolut Mastercard (virtual) not working in Slovakia

rodaniel
Recovery Runner

By any chance you add Revolut?

donnacha
First Steps

I considered buying a Versa but decided not to because one of the features that most interested to me, Fitbit Pay, is not a practical possibility.

All the current banks in Ireland that offer Fitbit Pay (AIB, KBC, Boon) charge a monthly or quarterly fee, so, if someone is not already a customer of one of those banks, they are unlikely to sign up to them simply to use Fitbit Pay.

N26, on the other hand, has a free tier and requires less paperwork to join, so, that would be a perfect match for people who want to use Fitbit Pay.

Fitbit is in a battle here with Google. Right now, you can use Google Pay with a wide variety of cards, and the result is that you see an increasing number of people in Ireland using their phones to pay.

This is important in terms of exposure and awareness. If people are out there, in public, use their Fitbits to pay for purchases, it shines a spotlight on Fitbit. It creates conversations around Fitbit - I know that my mother got her Inspire HR because a friend had talked about her Charge 2. That is a conversation that could, just as easily, have happened in a shop, and there are few things that spark as much attention as someone paying for their purchase with a phone or watch, it is still considered quite novel here.

I have both N26 and Revolut. N26 should be a better match for Fitbit Pay than Revolut because all N26 customers are given Mastercard debit cards, whereas Revolut customers are mixed: some are given VISA cards, some are given Mastercard. My understanding is that Fitbit Pay requires Mastercard.

Also, in Ireland, N26 has a better reputation than Revolut. Quite apart from the recent news stories about Revolut's Russian backers, there are concerns about how the EU customers of London-based Revolut will be affected if the UK crashes out of the EU without a Brexit deal. The Berlin-based N26 appears to be a more solid bet for EU customers.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.