Swiping to clear notifications as they come in

From this post

"Before the firmware update I could swear that I was able to swipe right to clear new notifications as they came in. Now, when a notification first comes in, I first have to tap on it to expand it and then click Clear. Many times I can see from the first few lines of the notification that I want to clear it. Having to expand it first is annoying. 

Oddly enough, when I pull down the list of all older notifications, I am able to swipe right on each of them without having to expand each of them."

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I think it could be an easy way to delete notifications from your watch. Keen to hear what others think?

czandor
Recovery Runner

The swipe down to open all notification is also not working with the newest firmware.
I have to close (with back button, or swipe up) the new notifications as they came in, and then swipe down.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Both work fine for me. 

Try restarting the ionic. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have thought of the exact same thing. It should be possible to dismiss notifications with a swipe as it comes in. This is natural, and in accordance with how notifications work on an Android phone (and iPhone I'm guessing).

Now I need to swipe up to hide the notification, swipe down to show all notifications, and then swipe left or right to dismiss the notification. Or I could touch the notification and click clear when it has expanded. Neither of these options are fast or intuitive for notifications you want to get rid of immidiatley when they come in.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Swiping works on the Blaze, Ionic. and Versa, the other models do not have touch screens. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes, swiping works when you pull down the notification list. That's not however what we're talking about.

Swiping does not work when a notification comes in, as when it pops upp om the screen.

Compare to an android phone. If you're using your phone, and a notification pops up on the screen, you can swipe it away before it disappears, without having to pull down the notification list. On the Versa you can't.

@Rich_Laue
Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @czandor and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Fitbit smartwatches. You can find more details here: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

@czandor, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.