Symptom tracker for IBS/IBD

There is a large demographic that fitbit could appeal to by adding an additional feature to the app. You guys already track food, if you added a symptom tracker for IBS/IBD it would really set you guys apart and also help people with food intolerances keep track of their triggers!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @alyinked, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about the possibility of adding an IBD/IBS tracker to the Fitbit app. There is a symptom tracker when you enter the Temperature and Symptom tile, but there isn't one specifically designed for food intolerance. 

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

AO123
Jogger

To have this would be amazing.  Please, please add it.

Tracy-o98
Jogger

As someone with IBD this would be amazing!!!

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for sharing your feedback about this, @AO123 @Tracy-o98!  It would be a helpful implementation for many users. 

Nicklaus3359
Base Runner

I've recently been diagnosed with IBS and think with would be a great feature. having flare ups and tracking it with the rest of our health data would be amazing to do. 

MGraffam
First Steps

Am IBS tracker would be amazing! Tracking symptoms here makes perfect sense because everything else tracked here affects IBS

Ford12
First Steps

My country of New Zealand does not treat people with IBS symptoms. What little testing we do have done, is not accurate and does not detect levels of inflammation in the body that give rise to IBS symptoms. I also suffer from restless legs and other symptoms and I believe that the foods I eat are the cause. But because changes are subtle the NZ health system does not test for this. Our medical health system testing only shows up results when symptoms are extreme and life threatening. People like me who have undiagnosed systemic inflammation because of lack of adequate testing do sometimes end up with IBD and cancers. I am trying to find out if a trial could be set up in New Zealand that can help to detect inflammation in the body before it can do any permanent damage. My IBS, diarehha and restless legs might have inflammation as its common element. But all testing NZ offers shows my body is normal, but clearly its not.  I am also looking at gut bacteria as well. I don't think fitbits can help with that but perhaps one day. If the fitbit can be adapted to at least detect inflammation it will still help people have better quality of life and we can learn what foods are actually triggering our symtoms and keep away from them. Just working on diet alone only works if the food you eat gives you an extreme physical response and you cannot identify what foods are causing the issue when inflammation or symptoms are low level or less severe. As treatments go today our medical system will only provide symptom suppressing medications that are off label and addictive,  and refuses to actively seek out causes or even a confirmed diagnosis. I am hoping the fitbit can be adapted to literally save our lives because I don't want to end up with IBD or cancer. And I don't want my body to respond negatively to foods that I eat every meal. I would like to be part of a fitbit trial in NZ.

RitaEC
Jogger

I think the option to track food intolerances would be amazing!! I know many of my triggers and work at avoiding them but many times I have no idea what I have eaten that triggered me. An ingredient in a marinade, a sauce, a preservative... 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.