Sync Weight Watchers Data and Calories to Fitbit

Weight watchers app pulls info re activity from fitbit app but not vice versa.  I would love for the fitbit app to pull info from my nutrional info from my weight watchers app to incorporate a more well rounded view of my health/nutrition/activity on the fitbit dashboard.

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

88 Comments
nofohelen
First Steps

Please work with weight watchers so the calorie counts for the foods entered on weight watcher app synch with fitbit Alta

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Oh please let the transfer of calories eaten transfer from WW to Fitbit? Like everyone else, I'm just too busy to track twice. Thanks, much!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Having the calories from WW sent to Fitbit woild not be a problem.

The problem comes from the fact that what gets transferred is controlled by WW,  not Fitbit.

Fitbit simply provides the tools to connect and lets WW sync what they want to.

SSendelbach
First Steps
Thank you. It sounds like Weight Watchers needs to do the work to let you
sync with them. I'll contact them.

Dr. Susan Sendelbach
www.anchorpointga.com
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I can’t tell about possible future plans for this request on our side, but I still wanted to highlight the fact that Weight Watchers developers would be able to make it happen. They can log food entries into your Fitbit personal database by using the Food Logging Web API.

GrayJay
First Steps
Thank you! At this point I have chosen to use Fitbit tracking tools. It seems to work well for me.

Melanie Johnson

Melanie Johnson
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

389jpg
First Steps

I want to monitor my food intake along with my exercise activities. I'm already using the Weight Watcher program to track my food and it's a pretty good, easy to use app. 

It would be cool if, for existence, there was an interface to the Fitbit app that allowed one app to talk to the other - both are on the same phone after all.

I realize that there are a bunch of different food tracking apps out there so maybe you'd have to abstract the interface. The goal would be to have the data in the Weight Watchers app ported to the Fitbit app in some meaningful way.

ALTERNATIVELY: Turn the product marketing managers loose to cook a deal with Weight Watchers (and other food mgmt apps) to cross market your hardware/software. Imagine: Every weight watcher venue offers a Charge 2 for sale to help their clients achieve their weight lose goals faster!

MESANEWBERG
Recovery Runner

Are there any plans to sync the weight watchers food tracker with the fitbit? I already record all my food intake on Weight Watchers so it would be great if this information could be transferred to the fitbit. Double recording takes a lot of time.  Both applications are great; and I really like that I can log the amount of water that I consume.  Weight Watchers just logs it as zero points; but that doesn't tell me how much I have consumed.

MESANEWBERG
Recovery Runner

"

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you."

I have contacted Weight Watchers and stated to them exactly what you have replied.  So, I guess there needs to be a bigger push from those of us who have Fitbits to all do this.  

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Cjsunshine
Jogger

Would love to see Fitbit tracker be able to pull food logged from WW app. I'm not logging it twice! My WW app can pull excercises and steps from Fitbit. Now we need Fitbit to be able to sync and get the food logged from WW app. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cjsunshine, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.