Sync with 3rd party meditation apps

Being able to use a dedicated meditation app (Calm, Headspace, Insight times, etc) and syncing it to fitbit would better than the current option.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

35 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

FLustie
First Steps

I would love to have the ability to integrate Headspace and The Tapping Solution into the mindfulness section of FitBit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Valerie_7
First Steps

Fitbit has come such a long way from what it was and I'm excited to be back in the fold. While I am enjoying fitbits selections - I do use other apps and would love to be able to log those mindful sessions in the app. I also would love to be able to log more than 1 mindful session a day.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Valerie_7, thanks for sharing this suggestion about integrating the mindful sessions completed on other apps to the Fitbit app with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Ifarmer
First Steps
I use headspace to meditate and would like to log these sessions in Fitbit.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ifarmer, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with Headspace app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

BritGirlsRock
Recovery Runner
Hello, I am new to fitbit (one day!) and I was trying to set up my meditation apps so that I don't have to use the mediations you have, but I only see an option for Google Fit. My friend days I can set up Headspace and Calm. I have the Inspire 2. Did I buy the wrong kind to do this on?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BritGirlsRock, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with Calm and Headspace. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Check this link for more information about Compatible Integrations. You can also visit our Third-Party Integrations forums for more help.

I hope to see you around.

PixieG
First Steps
Allow apps like: Calm, Flowly, Breethe, Loona, WaterMinder, to sync with FitBit
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @PixieG, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync other meditation and mindfullness/sleep apps with Fitbit with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Gypearce
First Steps
Please allow minefulness minutes from other sources outside the Fitbit app. I love my Charge 5!!
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gypearcethanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of allowing mindfulness minutes from other sources outside the Fitbit app. I noticed a similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. This section is regularly monitored by the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community forums. 

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion is released on Fitbit Premium, our new health and fitness subscription service.

@Jhessika, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power!

Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Gypearce
First Steps
Lizzy,
First, thanks for adding this new feature.
Second, I looked for it in my Fit bit app but could not find it. Could you give a brief instruction as to where to find it.
Thanks!
Gaff Pearce

⁣Get TypeApp for Android ​
MandaPandaBear
Recovery Runner

I don’t see where these apps can be used with FitBit. All I see is the addition of some Calm programs added to the mindfulness section, and last I tried to use one it didn’t ask if I wanted to track it as “Mindfulness” and therefore didn’t even record it in my app. 

if these apps can be synced, please provide additional information. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having syncing Fitbit with other meditation apps with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

jeanmichelA
First Steps

Did anyone figure out how to connect Headspace to the Fit bit app? Is this feature available?

Thank you!

JDSmillie
First Steps

I would also like to be able to sync mindfulness minutes from a third party meditation app, specifically 10% Happier. 

genius8901
Stepping Up

Hi, 

I would like to syn  my calm with the fitbit. 

I saw that you released it to Premium but I can't see it. 

HernanFB
First Steps

Hi

+1 for Headspace integration.

Best,

Hernan

EllieAsher
First Steps

Love my Fitbit but would love it even more if I could sync my Headspace mindfulness minutes with Fitbit. Thanks!

Dragzieee
First Steps
Spoiler
Love the Fitbit app, but integrating it with Headspace would go a long way to making me love it more! +1 to Headspace integration!
russochrissy
First Steps

Hi There,

Is there a way to connect an app such as headspace with Fitbit? I use this app for meditation and would love to have my data synced with my Fitbit.

GordonFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

Hi @russochrissy 

Fitbit rarely builds integrations into 3rd party applications.   Instead, we make the Web API available for the 3rd party vendors to build integration with Fitbit.   Therefore, I would recommend you contact Headspace and ask them to support Fitbit.  Also, I'll move your post to the Feature Suggestion board where we can track community interest for integration with Headspace.

Gordon

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.