Sync with MYZONE heart rate monitor

I wear a My Zone heart rate monitor. It truly has enhanced the intensity of my workouts. It would be great if you could figure out a way to sync with their data. I have heard that they are coming out with a watch but there is no way that I am giving up my Ionic. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

44 Comments
UKmyzoneUser
First Steps

Radio silence from Fitbit for around 2 years,  so it's Crystal clear - they have no intention of working with MyZone.

Gyms all over the country are converting their base to MyZone. Fitbit's future looks dead. 

lycan
Stepping Up

TOTALLY AGREE, the technology is there and the demand is growing.

engage myzone community to be part of the active fitness FAMILIA.

BrookeLocke
First Steps

I have a charge 2. syncing with my myzone belt which I only wear for rigorous exercise classes. To have them both syncing would be of great benefit to Fitbit users. I’m disappointed it’s not a supported app.

jess2382
First Steps

Yes please find a way to put the two together. I really dont want to switch to an apple watch because I love LOVE my fitbit

Ginifit74
First Steps

Hi

im a fitness instructor and now use MYZONE and it’s fantastic but still use my Fitbit for steps . It’s such a shame they both are not compatible as I’ve found MYZONE a real incentive which has pushed me and think if it synced with FITBIT users would love it rather than picking one type of fitness monitor over another. Please think about syncing with MYZONE x

CSR100
Jogger

Please please could you consider again making MyZone compatible with Fitbit. For example to be able to transfer my workout data from MyZone to my daily summary on Fitbit. It’s a very commonly used system in gyms up and down the country and it would help pull all the information together on the Fitbit platform. It would really enhance the use of the Fitbit system and I’m sure would prevent you loosing customers to other devices that sync with it.   

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CSR100, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

Wj1234567
First Steps

Boxing. I box for my workouts and have to take off my Fitbit for the wraps and gloves to fit. So I use a myzone heart monitor to track. Would be nice to have them sync. Does the community know if polar has a watch and heart monitor that work together? 

SizzlinSnowflak
First Steps

I do kickboxing too! So frustrating to lose the tracking for those workouts. MyZone has a watch that you can buy separately. And I think I saw somewhere that there is an app for Apple watch. 

Model.Citizen
First Steps

Its been almost 2 years and no support for this. Also they got acquired by Google so hope that the smart watches will be converted to Google os and finally have support for this much needed integration that could have saved the company from the acquisition.

JennyPennyNJ
First Steps

Please please create an integration with myzone. The two tools are used differently, but the myzone data would improve the user experience on the fitbit app and allow for a more complete picture of their health and wellness.

Moderator edit: all-caps

DS77
First Steps

+1 on this too.

As many people have suggested, integrating MyZone data into Fitbit would be incredibly useful for those that do intense workouts and/or combat sports.

Surely Fitbit want to target those already into fitness as well as new users. Such an integration would attract those in more demanding sports where wristwear is not possible. As well as the thousands of MyZone users. 

Fitbit, please give this serious consideration.

Thanks

Lynnettee
First Steps

Its getting close to time for me to replace my current fitbit, this replacement would be my 4th!! I love the Fitbit Charge family.  My Gym has just added the Myzone system, based on the lack of  response to these requests for the past two years - it might be time to try Apple as it does sink up...  Farewell its been great but this technology at my gym is very motivating and I want to be able to sink to my fitness app. 

Shenoab88
Jogger

It seemed they moved one user's comment to a separate location and then responded by stating she can contact myzone and ask them if they would work with fitbit. Not sure why they can't respond to us stating one: they won't contact myzone themselves. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/MyZone-integration-with-Fitbit/m-p/3536798#M10118...

Ilovejesus922
First Steps

Agree, please add

ejunewick
Jogger

I also use the My Zone heart rate monitor and would love to be able to sync the data to my Fitbit Ionic.  Currently, I end up manually entering the data from the My Zone App to my Fitbit App, but this seems like an unnecessary step.

FYI, I am on my third Ionic, I really love the feedback and used to wear it to swim because it is so accurate. Unfortunately, my last two ended up getting water in them during swims and since I almost always do a workout where I know my distance, I have decided that I no longer want to risk losing another Ionic to the pool.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly.

Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Pikester
Jogger
Integrate myZone with Fitbit
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pikester, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about integrating MyZone with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.