Synchronize my Fitbit alarms with phone alarms

It would be a big plus if any phone alarm could trigger a watch alarm and be silenced through the watch.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels

43 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @StuartMaher, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to synchronize Fitbit alarms with phone alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Itguy2009
First Steps
I do realize this suggestion has been posted and has 250 votes but why do you lock the thread from comments? How many people need to request something before it is considered? Is there a technical limitation preventing this from being done? All of the Samsung watches I've owned already have this.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Itguy2009, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to synchronize Fitbit alarms with phone alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

j9tchr
Jogger
It would be a big plus if any phone alarm could trigger a watch alarm and be silenced through the watch.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @j9tchr, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to synchronize Fitbit alarms with phone alarms. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Mother42boys
First Steps
Why is there the ability to set up notifications for the clock on your phone, but it WILL NOT show when your alarm goes of on the Versa 2? What notification does it allow for your clock?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Mother42boys, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to synchronize phone alarms with Fitbit device alarms with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MManger1611
Jogger
When my alarm on the Phone goes off on the Phone, nothing is happening on my watch. Ive marked it in the notificationsettings in the sense app, that it should receive notifications from the standard watch on my samsung galaxy s10
Build an alarm section into your app if you need to. Need a slide feature to turn off alarm to avoid accidental turn off
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MManger1611thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync your phone alarms with your Fitbit device with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Rayssa-Puccinel
First Steps
Sync Phone's alarm to watch. Being able to set up an alarm on my phone but dismiss/snoose from another room through the watch
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rayssa-Puccinel, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync your phone alarms to your Fitbit device with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Eddycito11
First Steps
Until the last update made. All the alarms set on my android phone where able to be received on my versa watch. For example: If I set an alarm at 7am on my phone and left my phone in a different room my versa would notify me of the alarm. Now, this is not happening, I am now in need to set the alarm on the actual watch per the Fitbit team.
Guy_
Space Racer

Some versions of the Android alarm app do not raise a notification, so the watch will never know.

There are many suggestions to have a synchronisation between the Fitbit App and watch for Alarms, as this would allow adding labels to each of the alarms too.

See Synchronize my Fitbit alarms with phone alarms   (currently 306 votes) but is locked for comment

See Add ability to set alarms back to the Fitbit App   (currently 754 votes) but is also locked for comment

See Naming/Labeling Alarms   (currently 2,408 votes) but is also locked for comment

While it is not possible to integrate with individual phone Apps that handle alarms, there is no reason why the Fitbit App can't support a full alarm functionality integrated with the on Watch alarms as there is a definite need.

It would ensure that the alarm is always triggered on the watch and not be dependent on a notification from the phone which may,or may not, arrive, depending on whether the Bluetooth connection is working and the phone is in reach of the watch at that time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Eddycito11, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to synchronize your phone alarms to your Fitbit device with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support, we'll keep tracking this request over time.

Rys1908
First Steps
Now alarms started on phone are not visible on smartwatch at all. Allow to see them, switch off or postpone.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rys1908, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to sync phone alarms with your Fitbit device to switch them off or postpone. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Bruhtters
First Steps
control alarms in the app and have my phone play an alarm sound from my phone as the fitbit doesn't do this so I can use sound in conjuction with the smart wake feature , would also be nice if there was an api so that smart lights could work with this data so my room gets bright gradually before I wake up to help your body prepare to wake up
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bruhtters, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to set alarms on your phone from your Fitbit device with us. A similar idea was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.