Team Option for Challenges

Create a team option for challenges such as the Workweek Hustle.  The team with the highest average wins.  Suppose you want to set up three teams such as:

• (You) Captain Kirk, Bones, Spock
  • Captain Stubing, Julie, Gopher
  • Captain Dallas, Ripley, Kane

First, you invite the other captains (as captains), then you (and the other captains) invite your teammates (as teammates) like such:

fitbit-teamchallenge-invites.jpg

Once everyone has been added, the leaderboard will sort the rank of teams first, then within teams, shows the rank among the teammates like this:

fitbit-teamchallenge-leaderboard.jpg

The chatter can be designated within the team or for the entire challenge.  The limits can be expanded to say 3 teams and 10 members within each team.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

185 Comments
joolee88
Jogger

It would be great to have FITBIT competitions throughout the world! 10 per team, and will compete against other teams. There could be a scoreboard on the fitbit website to see what teams are in the top 10 ranking. Just an idea, but that would be FREAKIN’ awesome. Forsure, there will be more steppin’ going on. Who doesn’t like a friendly competition! Smiley Happy

CowgirlWarrior
First Steps
It would be great if we could but friends into distribution lists so we can invite a group to a challenge
rwaiters77
First Steps

I think that is a great idea!

bofarris
First Steps

Create a Team vs Team feature. Something that will allow ten people to challenge ten others in a goal day or workweek challenge.

Mrsfairfs
Jogger
It would be awesome if you could form a team and challenge other teams (boys vs. girls, workplace challenge, etc) instead of individual challenges. Each member if the team would contribute to the total steps for the team. At the end of the challenge which every team has the most overall steps would win.
DAL0
First Steps

We use the Team Challenge all the time.  It is a great way to connect with family members across the country.  Unfoirtunately, we have to manage it ourselves.  It would be a great enhancement to be able to set up teams directly on the Fitbit app.  Please make this happen!

spongey437
Jogger

I would like to see team challenges either where you can choose your team or all the people enter the challenge and the system breaks up the teams based on people's average steps per day.

Dnbaugh
First Steps

oh this is an awesome idea.. i love it..

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@PureEvil I like this idea a lot! Especially the the playground-style of captains picking their teams, not to mention the Start Trek references.

I'll be sure to relay this feature request on the team for further consideration. Thanks for posting on the Feature Request Board.

Kcty
First Steps
Team challenges would definitely be a great selling point for Fitbit. And it would get people to be more motivated with their friends.
TheGaffer
First Steps
Fitbit has revolutionised fitness for so many people, I for one couldn't live without my Charge HR!

Take things to the next level, allow people to combine their steps with others by forming a team! Compete against teams of friends, colleagues, work departments or office locations. It would appeal to everyone.

You could at even approach larger gyms with the Fitbit challenge, encourage them to take part in a vs challenge for their staff between their various venues.
LUCY
First Steps
Hello, I so agree with you. I had contacted fitbit people hoping for them implement something like what you had mentioned. I had suggested being able to add more competitors to the present challenges or a head to head competition. Theses present challenges can be monotonous at times.
SDchris
Jogger
Dear Fitbit,

Could you please invent a team challenge where groups can partner with different teams of friends to compete as a group against each other.... I think your users would like this challenge
Vkarit
First Steps

It would be nice to be able to compete in teams against other teams. For example, my husband and my steps get calculated together against another two people. This would help teams motivate eachother instead of just compete individually against eachother.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The FitBit software is definitely missing a TEAM work challenge section where we can work TOGETHER as one ! to reach a common goal. I have many friends saying the same thing ... please add this feature working together towards a collective goal !! its much better then competing against one another, it would really movitate people wanting to get into the fun and not feel so inadequate where competing againts one another does .

PS please keep it simple ...

Example -- 

Walk the wildebeest journey of Serengeti togther (500miles) before the end of the month ??

make 1125000 steps together to reach the goal !!!

(thats en estimate) but you get the idea...

TobyGER
First Steps

Hi Product Team, Hi SonyaNicole,

yes, i wish me also a group feature. But not only to challenge with other groups. There are more potential for groups. 

Imagine a football team. This team train together every day / regularly. Every team player for example, wear a little Fitbit Zip. Is this not a great idea, if this people measure their activities and the data for this activities can be matched on a group dashboard? A coach would be able to measure the activity for his team? Imagine, if they can share this activites to a fan group? Think big. That can be a big event like a world championship or a little local event where different groups have a competition.

I would give this idea and feature five stars.

Thanks 
Toby

AaronMoskowitz
First Steps
I had the same thought. I am currently working with a team to meet a step goal. We all have different jobs, so our places will never change...no challenge or incentive. We are encouraging each other instead of taunting. It's working well. It would be much easier if the app showed our combined score and number of steps remaining to reach our goal.
jbjtkbw00
First Steps

I so want this. We have a group created amongst the operation team here at work which is more than 10 people and we'd like to do the challenges that are offered, but you can't challenge groups the same way. It would be so easy to make this change. Please let this happen.

Charity4444
First Steps

I LOVE this idea!  Just this past week my husband and I challenged my sister and her husband to a Workweek hustle.  There was a LOT of smack talking in the chat feed, and it turned into couple vs. couple...which then got me to start thinking...."Hmmm, I wonder why FitBit hasnt come out with a team challenge option yet."  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this happen 🙂

Essbee1322
Jogger
I wish there were more challenges or collaborative ones. For example, the group would have to work together to "climb Everest", "walk a marathon", "walk from coast to coast", etc.
Lazyk
Jogger
I think it would be fun and motivational to have 3 person teams in compatition with each other. Example: Team Jeff vs Team Brian. Thank you love Fitbit Jeff
mbrett4
First Steps

Please update the challenges so more than 10 people can be invovled.  Our workweek hustle challenge at work is unable to include all of the staff with fitbits.

Fadl
First Steps
It would be really awesome if within a challenge (ex: workweek hustle or weekend warrior) people can group together in teams, and the steps are calculated per team. So for example if a challenge has 8 participants, they can choose to be grouped into groups of 2 or 4 and then the winners would be the group with the most steps!
This way you can have a different challenge where people would come together to win instead of every person for himself..

Stay awesome!
Fadl
Daniel116
First Steps
I think it would be great to have collaborative challenges that involve teams or couples working together and combines all of their steps. Many might find this even more motivating than the individual challenges since others are depending on them.
Joshua315
First Steps

Great idea! I would definitely be more motivated if I was working with others and not just competing against everyone.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.