Third-party App push notifications on Fitbit screen for All

I and many others have liked, posted, complained and begged Fitbit to allow/enable notifications.  This is a request to Fitbit to enable, at the choosing of the user of the Fitbit tracker (Charge, Charge HR, Alta, Charge 2, & Surge) to have what ever app notifications they want for both iPhone and Android devices display on the Fitbit tracker screen.  This idea suggestion eliminates the need for individual idea suggestions for types of phones or apps that people want to get notifications for, we want the choice to select which ones (like third-party apps such as BitTicker have done for us in the past).  I own a Charge HR, but I want this for all Fitbit trackers, not just mine.  Please give this a thumbs up and post comments on your agreement with this. (And yes, we all know you want Whatsapp part of these choices, don't complain about those of us that still use SMS).  It's about CHOICE of apps, not just Whatsapp.

A recent 10-08-2016 moderator (AndrewFitbit) post on the 'More Notifications' suggestion is what inspired me to do this as it suggests we divide up and make suggestions on each app feature and each device and each tracker.  That is counterproductive.  We need to unite!

Moderator edit: labels

359 Comments
OggyC
Recovery Runner

Hi, yeah whatsapp is currently not supported (I personally don't use whatsapp but i do think it should be supported for the people who use it)

MaggieBCN
First Steps

This is so annoying!! Why doesn't someone at Fitbit just upgrade the charge2 or will they be like Apple and make us buy another Fitbit charge 3!! 

fotoplastikon
First Steps

Today I have unpacked my brand new Flex 2. After playing for a while the HUGE disappointment came: it does not notify about WhatsApp messages. What? How come? Ho could I miss thay this model does not support it? Is it a joke? Who in the world is using text SMS? Everyone is on WhatsApp or Messenger. The notification feature was one of the key criteria for buying the product. I really hope it will get fixed soon, especially that it's just a matter of updating the firmware, nothing more.

anshusharma1983
First Steps

I switched from Garmin to fitbit just to find out that there are no whatsapp notifications support for iphone users

geobis
Stepping Up
Not likely, considering that Fitbit has not reacted to several hundreds
such requests over the past year and a half.
Jonathan5353
First Steps

Please, please! add email notifications to the Fitbit charge 2! At the minimum, it would be wonderful to receive notifications when emails arrive and from who sent them. I'm not interested in reading them on the go, but to know that I have one would be amazing. Thanks for all you do! 

MrsKrijgsman
Recovery Runner

I want my iOS whatsapp and whatever 3rd party notifications on my charge 2 !!!!!

pretty please!!!

Šárka
Jogger

Yes, very less people use sms...I have apple and I use whatsup, viber or messenger from FB..and email for work...there ap and their notifications are very important for me.

GMoney66
Recovery Runner

I have a $10 smart watch from China that you can pock 10 different social media apps you do or don't want notifications from, why is it so hard for FitBit to integrate this.

G

mcb7
Recovery Runner

I would really like this feature too but am doubtful that it will come anytime soon or ever. Clearly it's been asked for by lots of people over several months but I'm guess the cost of implementing, testing and the maintaining the code to do it on iOS is too much. They probably shot themselves in the foot by doing it on Android (and its quite likely to code is completely different), after all there was no suggestion in the sales info that anything other than SMS, calls and calendar events were supported so it is just a bonus. They are in the business of selling devices, the newer the better and it's a sad fact of the tech world today that most devices are going obsolete within a year. 

Lindo11
First Steps

I wish I’d known this wasn’t supported before buying a Charge 2! 

+1 from me for app notifications, especially from WhatsApp. Thanks

Šárka
Jogger
Yes, It is truth. If I knew it, so i didnt buy it!!

I cant believe that watch from Samsung gear bit it has it!!

--
S pozdravem
Ing. Šárka Malotová
Dzee
First Steps

Hi

nothing seems to be changing,  disappointing!

tjay53
Jogger
Yes.. I wish I knew this before!

Works great with sms.. but I don’t receive many SMS calls.
santosht
First Steps

Please provide mutu app notification same time

Garridex
Recovery Runner
Thanks FItBit! The new app FitBit Notifications is working fine in my mobile!!!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
SM10
Jogger

Smiley FrustratedPlz add whatsapp

Garridex
Recovery Runner

Fitbit community you can mark this idea as implemented.

Realshot
Jogger

Definitely need this 

Realshot
Jogger

This is what it needs if you have this ppl would buy this more 

Qeib
First Steps

Please impliment this!

suggestionnnnn
First Steps

I agree, facebook messenger is used as a method of communication as commonly as text messaging is. Having FB notifications would be really appreciated!

EKBEN
First Steps

yes, whatsapp and wechat are increasing popular and very disappointed unable to receive notifications from these two 3rd parties apps.

please expedite the enhancement as i trust many users of Fitbit charge 2 and other models ain't receiving notifications will be very delighted if it can be roll out soonest. Best before christmas as present for all FiBit supporters, otherwise is a disappointment to invest in the device. 

SM10
Jogger
👍

Sent from my iPhone
tjay53
Jogger

I don't really see that FitBit is doing anything to try to fix this problem.  I don't see it as a feature enhancement... but as a problem or a result of the short-sightedness of FitBit.

Even though I like my Charge 2... this is a reason that I will not buy another FitBit product in the future.

That said, I suggest that everyone that bought a FitBit product online... post a comment to warn others not to buy a FitBit product if they are interested in receiving Whatsapp messages.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.