Third-party App push notifications on Fitbit screen for All

I and many others have liked, posted, complained and begged Fitbit to allow/enable notifications.  This is a request to Fitbit to enable, at the choosing of the user of the Fitbit tracker (Charge, Charge HR, Alta, Charge 2, & Surge) to have what ever app notifications they want for both iPhone and Android devices display on the Fitbit tracker screen.  This idea suggestion eliminates the need for individual idea suggestions for types of phones or apps that people want to get notifications for, we want the choice to select which ones (like third-party apps such as BitTicker have done for us in the past).  I own a Charge HR, but I want this for all Fitbit trackers, not just mine.  Please give this a thumbs up and post comments on your agreement with this. (And yes, we all know you want Whatsapp part of these choices, don't complain about those of us that still use SMS).  It's about CHOICE of apps, not just Whatsapp.

A recent 10-08-2016 moderator (AndrewFitbit) post on the 'More Notifications' suggestion is what inspired me to do this as it suggests we divide up and make suggestions on each app feature and each device and each tracker.  That is counterproductive.  We need to unite!

Moderator edit: labels

359 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I can not receive my whats app from my Iphone on my Charge 2.

Please make it available!!!

scottpearson
First Steps

I think to make the Charge 2 the best of its ability it should not only show phone notifications for text and calls but for any notification that comes through on my Phone (eg Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Emails, Whats App etc) whether that be IOS or Andriod.

whatsappsnapcha
First Steps

Can the new update come out already with notifications available such as Whatsapp, Snapchat, Emails and also have the programme of heart rate. Im currently using a device called fast tracker which is alot better but i want to be able to use fitbit alta asap as i bought it but has let me down with many, please update fitbit alta asap!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Em1280
First Steps

When are you going to sort this feature out for iOS? Suggestions go as far back as 2016 so your not exactly taking on board suggestions, working on it or actually listening to the consumers. Such a shame as this feature along with emails would be very beneficial. Come on fitbit move with it. Nearly three years is ridiculous 

hawklet00
First Steps

It would be great if we could get notifications from all of the messaging apps we use. For example I use signal, google hangouts, Android Messenger, and Facebook messenger, but i can only choose to receive messages from one of these sources on my charge 2 from the Fitbit app. If i want to be able to get notifications from all of these apps, i need to use a 3rd party app to get them to my charge 2. If Garmin is able to allow this with their trackers, why isn't Fitbit doing the same?

Jordanisnthebos
Recovery Runner

Hi, my suggestion is that you can get notifications for third party text apps, like Snapchat or instagram. I text quite a lot and I own a Fitbit charge 2 but I never use the actual messaging app downloaded on to iPhone, so it would be good if we could have that.

Thanks

~Jordan~

soccy2
First Steps

Why is there no whatsapp notification with Charge 2 using iphone? It will work using Android but not iOS. It is available with the Charge 3 on iOS. This needs to be addressed by Fitbit..

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @soccy2, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. Thanks for your understanding, I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.