Third-party App push notifications on Fitbit screen for All

I and many others have liked, posted, complained and begged Fitbit to allow/enable notifications.  This is a request to Fitbit to enable, at the choosing of the user of the Fitbit tracker (Charge, Charge HR, Alta, Charge 2, & Surge) to have what ever app notifications they want for both iPhone and Android devices display on the Fitbit tracker screen.  This idea suggestion eliminates the need for individual idea suggestions for types of phones or apps that people want to get notifications for, we want the choice to select which ones (like third-party apps such as BitTicker have done for us in the past).  I own a Charge HR, but I want this for all Fitbit trackers, not just mine.  Please give this a thumbs up and post comments on your agreement with this. (And yes, we all know you want Whatsapp part of these choices, don't complain about those of us that still use SMS).  It's about CHOICE of apps, not just Whatsapp.

A recent 10-08-2016 moderator (AndrewFitbit) post on the 'More Notifications' suggestion is what inspired me to do this as it suggests we divide up and make suggestions on each app feature and each device and each tracker.  That is counterproductive.  We need to unite!

Moderator edit: labels

359 Comments
Nadz16
First Steps

I would like to see the charge hr2 sync with other apps like whatsapp, disappointed to have upgraded and find it doesn't and the polar at a similar price does. 

Pirostyx
Stepping Up

I and over 500,000,000 people use wechat here in asia and the world. Shouldn't be too hard to just enable anything that your phone displays as a notificaiton as a watch message. Maybe include additional character support downloadable for Japanese, Chinese or Korean characters for those of us who travel or live in those regions.

pmetty
Jogger

Fitbit folks - please change the app to allow multiple messaging apps to send notifications to the fitbit device.  This is a desperately needed feature.

Lyrique
First Steps

I just received my Alta and so far I really like it. I just wish there was a way to be able to receive messages from more than one platform. I get different messages through SMS, Hangouts, as well as Messenger and it would really be beneficial if I could select them all instead of having to choose from the 3. 

Pirostyx
Stepping Up

Charge 2 Notifications request below,

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/3rd-Party-notifications-Charge-2/idi-p/1604078

Please upvote it if you feel you would like 3rd party apps to receive notifications, like Wechat, Whatsapp or facebook.

anat83
Jogger
Hi!
Feature suggestion: I would love to be able to select more than one source for text alerts on the flex 2 (i.e regular SMS and whatsapp)
Thanks for your consideration.
raesive
Jogger

I want this too! My Alta only allows one choice of message notification at a time, but I use SMS, facebook messenger AND hangouts everyday. The app obviously already recognizes and is compatible with all of these, as I have to physically choose which one is displayed on the Alta from the list of what I use. Kind of defeats the purpose of not keeping my phone directly on me when I still have to watch for the other 2 types. Unless this is implemented in the future, I will not be a repeat FitBit buyer, I will go elsewhere. 

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I think this is a great idea! Having email notifications on the Charge 2 would be great. Right now, it is possible to receive call, text, and calendar notifications. Having the email notification could enhance the experience of using a Charge 2! Thanks for sharing your suggestion. 

Dazzler79
First Steps

Just got the Charge 2 and love it!!

i can't believe that you don't receive whatsapp notifications though. When cheaper, very mediocre fitness bands do!!

please take a look at upgrading this feature as you are looking a little behind the times here especially for the price I just paid for this. 

ednagarcia
First Steps

Please add Whatsapp Notifications to fitbit charge!!!!!!

EddieCz
First Steps

I moved from bulky Sony band and there was possibility to get notifications also from other Messengers

Nimbvs
First Steps

Please please please add/ enable whatsapp notifications on de Charge 2...!!

FerOspina
Jogger

3rd party applications please ... outlook, Facebook whataaap 

Froz3n
First Steps

Registered in here just to cast my vote. Even low-end smartbands from other vendors have this feature! How come Charge2 don´t have this straight from his core? Come on Fitbit Dev team, pull yourself together and show us that this is an easy enhancement.

TiffyWitchkid
Stepping Up

I bought my charge 2 yesterday after considering buying a smart watch for a while but I was kinda disappointed to see WhatsApp isn't supported. People rarely use SMS anymore and are instead using WhatsApp so that would be a much loved add-on for this watch. 

It's only because the Apple Watch battery is so bad and that the FitBit does have other great functions that I don't return it.. but it would be so much more useful if it would support at least WhatsApp. 

The only reason I've even registered to this board is to support this idea. But I saw other topics too for other devices going back months yet it's still not supported so I'm not going to get my hopes up about this. 

karenduffin
First Steps

Please bring in email notifications for the Charge 2.

joshberg24
First Steps

As a long time fitbit owner it has been nice to get the Alta and finally get text messages on my wrist. But I had always wished I could get things like snapchat and messenger notifications.  I used a 3rd party tweak on my jailbroken iPhone that pushed these 3rd party notifications to my alta and it worked like a charm. Why doesnt this get implemented in the stock fitbit app? 

Sincerely, me and a whole lot of others who want the same thing

Shortyshah
Jogger

I just bought a Charge 2 thinking when it said text notifications it would allow all types of messages including whatsapp. I spent hours trying to get it to work then googled it on the community forum only to find out it doesn't support this. When this is such a popular text communication, I'm surprised. Unbelievable, that Fitbit have known that it's customers have been asking for this for many many months yet no software release. Please please can you do this. 

Shortyshah
Jogger

I just bought a Fitbit charge 2  and now regret it as it wasn't clear that you couldn't see incoming messages aside from your mobile service provider messaging service. I get over 90% of messages via whatsapp and based on community feedback I've read on the Fitbit forum, many customers would like to see this feature. Give us a 2017 happy new year software update to provide this please! 

Kavee
First Steps

Just got the charge 2 today and am thrilled about having it. But hoping to see third party application notification like whatsapp and emails would be great! No one really uses text messaging these days anyways 🙂 please do this and soon! Thanks a billion! 

Samcoxy
Powerwalker

The original 'more notifications' request already demonstrates the demand the IOS notifications regardless of model, those votes should be added to this topic.

What's messed up is the people with Blaze want the Charge 2 features but people with the Charge 2 want the feature they've just added to the Blaze - in summary you can't get one model that does it all.

When i got my Charge 2 it was just a bonus that it had SMS notifications but now i've had them and tried them i want them for Whatsapp. So Fitbit please add them asap

polonca
First Steps

disapointed. My old Polar loop showed me Hangout/mesenger/... notifications. 

#3rd party applications would be great !! Please do this !!

Kpboerema
First Steps

Please add support for whats app notifications on IPhone for Charge 2.  

happyDemon
First Steps

It would be nice if this was taken into their API

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.