Tile to Track menstrual Cycle

More of a suggestion to Fitbit than a question - it'd be really nice to have a tile that helps track menstrual cycles since they're so tied to a woman's body, weight, food cravings, mood etc.

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

265 Comments
Laura_Flo
Jogger

Yes and please add a column also for travel details. Traveling greatly affects my resting heart rate as well. 

Hread
First Steps

Hi Fitbit

Could you please explain why you’ve not yet completed the request for a menstral recording function? As you can see here, it’s a very popular idea for women requested back in 2014. Indeed your moderators agreed it was a great idea.

Is the reason you’ve not bothered with it because it’s only of benefit to women?  Or are you squeamish and don’t want to talk about this stuff? Or are you just not bothered?  

Thanks

Heather

Katepop
Recovery Runner

Fitbit, please get on this. A vast number of your user base experience menstruation...

ChibiChiii
Jogger

Totally +1'd this! I was searching for a tracking app for a cycle which could also track my steps. But if Fitbit would implement this it would make me buy a fitbit right away 🙂

Chelsera
Jogger

Yes to this. Please include period tracking in the app! 

Dlee7256
First Steps

How is this a relatively new idea? I had Fitbit for years and have been annoyed since the beginning. This impacts 50% of your users, you need a period tracker. Even just a simple tracking and reminder would be nice, but ideally sync it with the data from the resting heart rate  to understand different aspects of the cycle.

Shortey99
First Steps

Why is this not happening yet?? I have to swap between apps or use excel spreadsheets! Come on fitbit! This is s basic application update! 

Anniebme
First Steps

Please implement this! Better understanding of heart rate and where i am in my cycle could really help me with anxiety, mood, and general comfort!  This would help female athletes better understand their bodies to get their best performance. 

sbug10
First Steps

So frustrating that this still hasn't happened!!

Rentaduckie
First Steps

I get emails about this thread every day. Anyone want to spam their Twitter feeds with this question with me? Let's badger the heck out of them and see if we can put on the pressure. Apple added a period tracker after news sources shamed them into it. 

Let's face it, they aren't reading this thread. We need to pressure them publicly and relentlessly. "Where is the period tracker?" should be on their Twitter daily. 

Dillfin
Keeping Pace
Amen sister! Let the twitter war begin!!
EDavidmann
First Steps

I’m so glad this is getting some positive responses from others in the community! I really thought I couldn’t be the only one facing this issue. 

knitonepugtwo
Recovery Runner

I've tried Twitter... All I heard was chirpping. Not sure what noise we need to make in order to get Twitter to enact this feature. They are, apparently, already partnered with Clue. So it's just a matter of overlaying graphs.

All those ads with string, healthy women, none of them acknowledging that we have a period.

@Page75 wrote:

More of a suggestion to Fitbit than a question - it'd be really nice to have a tile that helps track menstrual cycles since they're so tied to a woman's body, weight, food cravings, mood etc.

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

Rentaduckie
First Steps

Clue will use your heart rate data in their app. Fitbit just makes that available. Doesn't help at all with the activity level data most users would like to incorporate. 

We need to get the media involved. Jezebel dot com was one site that reported on Apple's failure to include cycle tracking. They sometimes pick up stories from their tip line.

Luckygirlkate
First Steps

Seriously fibit- we need this feature. 

Woman123
First Steps

Well, almost 4 years that it was suggested to have some kind of menstrual cycle tracker and still nothing. I just received Fitbit for Christmas and now thinking you guys are not the market leaders or forward thinkers I thought you were. As every other woman has stated on this post, it is a part of our lives and health. Do you not realize how many women use your product? Why should we have to source out an alternate app to complete our fitness/health tracking. It's time to wise up Fitbit and figure out how to satisfying at least 50% (if not more) of your clientele!! 

Dillfin
Keeping Pace
Come on fitbit!! Get with the program, it's really annoying and very
telling where the prioritys of the fitbit company are.
Testimony777
Base Runner

I was so hopeful that fitbit was finally going to remedy this issue when they sent an email last month announcing that the Clue app was going to be available (on the Ionic at least) by the end of the year (2017). Well we are now in the second week of January and still nothing. It can't be that hard to incorporate this feature. 

seriouslunacies
First Steps

Track our menstrual cycles - our periods.  It's an essential aspect to the health and well being of 50% of the population and should be of concern to the other 50%.  Get on it Fitbit!  This is essential daily information.  Why is it not even on the radar of health apps? 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

AnneBBoulder
Jogger

Ah YES!  Yes - tracking women's fertility, with an aim to empowering folks to have fewer kids, or having kids at safest times, is key to making a big shift in our planet's future. The Fitbit should be updated to record a woman's basal body temperature (BBT) which increases slightly when she ovulates.  Tracking this can help with preventing/planning pregnancy, as well as tracking other OBGYN health issues.

(btw - fertile women are not 50% of the population, they're a subset of all females, so probably 25-30% of the whole population)

seriouslunacies
First Steps
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the addition of BBT to your
tracking in future updates, but I would really love to see women able to
manually add their periods including duration and flow- which impact more
than fertility. It would be a tremendous help.

--
*Susan L. Rice*

*621 Hillside Terrace*
*Ripon, WI 54971*
*(909) 289-3141*
Lopetto
Stepping Up

A brilliant idea!

Ian_naI
First Steps

Would love to see this feature in Fitbit, currently I'm using another app for this kind of tracking. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I suggest that it would be a better idea to add your votes to one of the already there suggestions for this idea, especially the request with over 600 votes. Why start the process back at one. 

AnneBBoulder
Jogger

Hi Rich - thanks.  Tracking periods and tracking BBT are different, tho related. 

The second data track helps women to pinpoint fertility peaks and avoid of cause pregnancy.  

BTW, your link to 600 votes didn't work.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.