Track Relaxation/Mindfulness progress

I was wondering if anyone else was interested in having a way to track mindfulness, meditation, or relaxation exercises in the Fitbit app?? I know there’s an app in the ionic watch for doing relaxation, but there’s no way to track progress or anything as a feature in the phone dashboard app? I would really be interested in that being added! Doesn’t seem like it would be too difficult to add considering it’s already an activity to do as part of the watch, just need a way to log it and keep track/record of mindfulness moments for reflecting on my progress!?! Any other votes for such a feature???

Moderator edit: Labels

Versa Lite. Ionic. Blaze. Charge HR. Surge. Flex. Zip. Ultra. Classic. - Mac OS. iPhone 7 OS 13. - Joined Fitbit May 2011
45 Comments
Vivekvj
First Steps

Can Fitbit track how much time I spend staying quiet? Fitbit currently only focus on physical workouts. If you can track how many hours in a day I stay quiet that can let me relate it to meditation and other mindfulness.

I can add more details if this make sense.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. 

frozenfire
Recovery Runner

Well I know that other apps like Calm and Headspace have features like this! So why can’t Fitbit?? I assume they’re a big enough company with enough programmers in tow lol..wouldn’t be too complicated of a program to write into the software? Just an extra tile that logs what we’re already able to do on watch now anyway!

Maikopenguin122
First Steps

This is a great idea! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes! Syncing to headspace and other mindfulness apps would be great too.

woahdavey
First Steps

Yes please.

I bought my fitbit to track my heart rate as I have anxiety and other mental health issues and I am receiving treatment now which includes relaxation, meditation, and mindfulness. I think it would be VERY cool to have the option to set up one of these activities and monitor my heart rate specifically during it.

It would also help to have it there on the dashboard to motivate me, as I currently use Smiling Mind to track my mindfulness times but I would prefer it all in the ones place.

Creatively
First Steps

It would be great if the fitbit app keep informations about the Guided Breathing session. ( dated, heartbeat at the beggining and at the end , times doing it) and also the possibility to add a goal about it 🙂 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Labels

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

That is an interesting suggestion @Creatively! Thanks for bringing it up. 

Let's see what other users think about it.

Calathea77
Tempo Runner

The guided breathing was a nice idea but didn't meet my needs. The rhythm was wrong for me, and you can't really meditate while holding your wrist up to stare at the tracker. I realise it was meant to be fairly basic and it's probably not worth making it more complex. I use an app called Peaceful Breathing. 

However, I'd love to be able to log meditation. We can log sports activities, so why not? Integrate it with the guided breathing for those who use that, of course. It would be even better if we could see feedback on whether that's affected heart rate.

I sometimes doze off after meditating  which works for me, I need to nap more. I am probably not the only one doing this, so if you do add a meditation tracker, keep an eye on how it may interact with naps. Other people may use it as a way to drift off to sleep at night. 

BonnieL18
First Steps

Great idea for people with anxiety or other mental health issues could show that every time the used it nay be how often they had a panic attack. This information could then be shared with medical professionals 

ladyascension
Recovery Runner

Please make it so!

Claudschwa
Jogger

Yes please! I would love this! Was just about to suggest it. I would definitely utilize this if there was a tile for tracking relaxation. 

tlstevens
Keeping Pace

Please add this to the phone app.

bmerryweather
Jogger

I am also interested in being able to track data on the relax app. 

DGH74
Strider

Since destressing and relaxing is more and more important i would like this to be logged in the app.

be able to set :

goals in how many times a week

reminders to relax

measure HR during relax session

measure O2 ( ! )

etc etc etc

Kamaren
Jogger

Love this! I manually track my heartrate during meditation, would love for it to be tracked and logged like other forms of exercise. 

mindbubble
Jogger

YES PLEASE!!!!

I would like to know relax sessions per week as well as any data that measures efficacy like HRV. I'd like to know if I actually did the relax, how deeply I did it or did I just accidentally trigger a session.

DashaK
First Steps

I think thats a great idea: a tile to in some way track mindfulness or meditational yoga! I miss that now. I think being fit is not only about being physically active, but also about being less active in a mindful manner 

HannahHarrelson
Recovery Runner

Yes! I would love an in-app tracker, and maybe it could have some other types of mindfulness/relaxation tracking involved, like yoga, or a rest time, or another physical activity. 

smariotti
First Steps

I've hooked up an off-brand smart scale to Fitbit. I'd love to get the Insight Timer app integrated as well!

@frozenfire wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else was interested in having a way to track mindfulness, meditation, or relaxation exercises in the Fitbit app?? I know there’s an app in the ionic watch for doing relaxation, but there’s no way to track progress or anything as a feature in the phone dashboard app? I would really be interested in that being added! Doesn’t seem like it would be too difficult to add considering it’s already an activity to do as part of the watch, just need a way to log it and keep track/record of mindfulness moments for reflecting on my progress!?! Any other votes for such a feature???

karoberto
Jogger

By tracking the changes in Heart Rate Variability (HRV) metric over time, I can see if the Relax function is helping me. For many of us, our sympathetic nervous system gets overstimulated by today’s high-pressure, fast-paced, stressful world.

Practicing Meditations can help bring my nervous system back into balance.

The Relax function helps me to slow my breathing down to 5 to 7 breaths per minute.

When you launch the Relax function, you’re presented with large text that says 2 MIN by default. This is the duration of your breathing session, and you cannot change it, but you might want to consider longer sessions than this. Eddie Stern recommends practicing meditation for between 10 and 20 minutes a day to get the full benefit.

I hope to get this chance. Thank you

leear
Runner

I would really like to see a dignity function on a Fitbit.

Dignity is such an important function and a measure of how we all interact with other people, our families, our pets, etc. and how relaxed and respectful we really are to everyone.

This dignity function could be linked to the "Relax" slow deep breathing function and to do it, it would use a matrix and an algorithm to look at the use and frequency of the "Relax" mode in order to measure how much relaxed thought has taken place over set periods of time, say hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and annually.

This new dignity function could be a very useful tool for the individual's karma and kudos and general stress levels and well-being.

If the function is used (or not used) by lots of individual's in and organization, then it could be a measure of company's general level of dignity at different times of the business cycle and in times of corporate change and stress.

If linked to GPS it could show dignity in the workplace, at work, dignity at home and dignity at social events, such as, say  football matches or the Proms.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @leear! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

leear
Runner

Dear Yojana,

I know you are trying to be helpful and hoping to get more exposure the concept of dignity, by moving it to a more popular subject of relaxed, but  can you please move it back to where it was?

Clearly it is a linked item, but it is a function link, like running or cycling and dignity is a whole separate concept that should be a standalone concept.

I fear the whole essence will be lost if people just think it is about being relaxed and don't understand the key principles of  how you can measure dignity.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

leear
Runner
Dear Yojana,

I know you are trying to be helpful and hoping to get more exposure the
concept of dignity, by moving it to a more popular subject of relxed, but
can you please move it back to where it was?

Clearly it is a linked item, but it is a function link, like running or
cycling and dignity is a whole separate concept that should be a standalone
concept.

I fear the whole essence will be lost if people just think it is about
being relaxed and don't understand the key principles of how ypu can
measure dignity.

Thank you for your help in this matter.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.