Track SpO2 data during Exercise app or SmartTrack exercises

The device should track oxygen saturation during exercise, both for auto-detected exercise and manually tracked exercise activities.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

16 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DDamian, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about tracking SpO2 data during Exercise app or SmartTrack exercises with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Cebrox74
Jogger

Why not an real time spO2 saturation? Ok, maybe the battery drain faster, but if we implement the function of tracking the saturation during the day only with active screen...

Dissectional
Jogger

This would be a great idea. As a former smoker this would benefit me greatly. Also adding the ability to toggle it off for the sake of battery life. 

LMC33
First Steps

I would like to be able to see my SpO2 level all the time. I have some health issues and need to be able to see what my level is. The SpO2 tracker was one of the main reasons I bought this and am now disappointed that it only tracks when sleeping! 

SassySquatch
First Steps

Yes! Real time sp02 and temperature would be very useful. I jog but have a heart defect ((PFO), real time 02 and heart rate are very important to me. As my heart rate goes up my 02 goes down and it would be neat to track. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'd also like the Sp02 to be available. Not necessary real time, but at least on-demand.

mobius_2005
First Steps

This would be a great feature! Voted!

DaberDo57
Recovery Runner

I would love to  upgrade to a fitbit with this feature . Even if they have it to wear it would read SP02 on demand.  When I get walking like in a store for  like half hour, or an hour or so I get light headed.   Have often wondered if my oxygen levels are dropping while walking is the reason for it. If my Fitbit could read SP0, that would tell me if that's what's causing it  or part of.  Then I could let my doctor know.. My husband's O2 drops when he walks from his copd.  But other medical reasons cause it also.   So it would be nice to know if my oxygen levels drop during exercise.   As I have a long history of on and off afib. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Grab an Apple watch. They do both Afib and SPO2. I ended up returning the fitbit because after multiple chat sessions they couldn't tell me when the feature was going to available even though it's marketed as a feature.

Disappointing from fitbit, but it is what it is

DaberDo57
Recovery Runner

With Apple you need an Apple cellphone to sync with apps?

Renewed_mind
Recovery Runner

I agree, especially since during exercise is a very important time to make sure that you're breathing enough, and have a high enough oxygen saturation level.

MJG200
Jogger

This is THE one feature Sense ABSOLUTELY needs.  SP02 monitoring 24/7, and especially during exercise was the feature I was hoping for (and assuming would be available) on Sense before I purchased it. I'm actually quite disappointed it isn't available.

I don't think the engineers are able to do it for some reason, or else it would've been implemented by now. I would think heart rate AND SP02 would be the most valuable info to have available.

I mean, this IS a fitness watch. Right?

Guinn44
Jogger
Request to track SP02 during exercise on App of all watches
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Guinn44, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to track your SpO2 levels during exercise with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Guinn44
Jogger

Absolutely all Fitbit devices should track Sp02 during exercise this is as or more important then our heart rate, together they are crucial “vital signs” used in Medical settings currently, why not give the user this opportunity for our health!

Please add capabilities to use Sp02 during exercise numerous uncounted/ non voted for posts have been made!!!!  

retired RN/CEN 

Jordan28
First Steps

Hi there, I would also love the idea of SPO2 tracking in the activities because as a pilot, when I'm flying at higher altitudes the oxygen can deplete and knowing so could save lives or even add alerts of the spO2 reduces rapidly...then get a notification, either options would be great!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.