Track against the USDA Food Pyramid -- set # of servings per food group and then check them off.

USDA recommends 6 servings of grains, 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, etc. so just like tracking water, add a section that lets you track # of servings/group Ex. today I ate a side salad and a fruit and the rest was meat, fat & sugar. I would have 1 fruit and 2 vegetable servings. If I hadn't changed the USDA goal I'd be under.
2 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Heavenlyblue, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to set numbre of servings per food groups. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Jenn.osiowy
First Steps

Love this idea. Customization would be key though, allow users to identify their own goal daily servings for different food categories (especially fruits and veggies) and easily indicate the quantity consumed, much like water intake. Would LOVE to be able to do this simplified version of food tracking without the full food diary and see my progress. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.