Tracker for hot flushes

Could you develop a system that is able to track hot flushes?  This would be really helpful to monitor the frequency of these and severity of them.  It could also show if they are disrupting your sleep.

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. This could be very helpful for a lot of our female users taking into consideration that 75% of menopausal women could experience these. Keen to hear what others think?

Juliabitfit
Jogger

I love the new tile for women’s menstrual. Thanks fit bit. 

I’m starting my peri-menopause like many women and would love to be able to track how hot flushes link with my monthly cycle. That could help us perimenopausal women a LOT. 

It would be great for fit bit to include this important stage of a woman’s health and life. All too often apps focus on fertility and reproduction and your app could really fill the gap for women entering peri menopause. 

Lwish
Recovery Runner

As one who has bad hot flashes, I would love the ability to track them.  I always get asked in doctor appointments and there is just no easy way to track

Ghost25
First Steps

Great idea! 

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Female Health Tracking. You can find more details here.

@Ellymay46, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!”

Amanda_UK
Base Runner

Women's health continues past childbearing and fertility, why not include some functions for the menopausal age group? For example, It would be helpful if Fitbit added a logging function for hot flashes. It would only need to be something simple like the timer/stopwatch that could be pressed easily and recorded on the dashboard to show to the GP at appointments, and to help see trends and triggers. Adding in a recording for other symptoms would be great too, but the hot flashes seem like it wouldn't be too difficult to add for starters.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Amanda_UK, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.