Transfer Fitbit kids account data to a standard Fitbit account

I’ve just found out that all data collected from a kids account (Fitbit Ace) won’t be transferred to a standard account when they are old enough to have one! This to me makes no sense and totally pointless in owning a Fitbit Ace there should be a feature where we can transfer a child’s account into a standard account otherwise all there badges and stats they have achieved in a kids account will be for nothing please make this a feature 

12 Comments
Alienpuppy
Stepping Up

I noticed you can't convert a regular account to a kid's account, and vice-versa.
The FAQ says when you kid gets old enough to create a new account, and lose the entire account history.

I find this sad.  I look back at my history to compare annual events (running events, hikes, etc), and it would be a shame to not have all those in the one account for a child.
It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to be able to set and clear the "kid" flag as needed.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Alienpuppy, it's great to see your suggestion here. Thanks for sharing, let's wait and see how many votes it will get.

ANonyMouse
Premium User
Powerwalker

I love this idea. I just got the Ace for my son, and he's 11, going on 12 come November. So all his hard earned stats and badges are going to go away in 1.5 years unless the Family Account allows those that are turning 13 to convert to their own account, where they would then be able to add all the information that is required of a normal account, and then being moved to a member of the family, rather than the child.

I'm going to share this with my friends to help boost the votes on it.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @matt6746! I hope it will get many votes! Robot Happy

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

RalucaFitbit
Fitbit
Fitbit

Hi there,

The team is looking into having this turned into a new feature available in 2019.

Please do continue to vote for this feature suggestion, it’s your engagement that drives us to improve our products. 

Stay tuned!

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Status changed to: Released
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released . You can find more details here https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2347/#account_graduation .

@matt6746 , in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Alienpuppy. Thanks for sharing this great idea with us! I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can check this other suggestion here. Now you have the option to upgrade your child to a Fitbit standard account. To learn more about this feature see: When can my child upgrade to a Fitbit standard account.

In recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Keep adding your suggestions and we hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

jjleigh73
Jogger
Fitbit needs to allow kids (once they reach the legal age in their region) to use a full tracker with an adult account and not lose their existing data and trophies, badges etc. Currently, there is no way to do this without starting over which is ridiculous - kids grow up! Alternatively, at least let full trackers be kids accounts too.
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@jjleigh73  See How do I manage my Fitbit family account?  and scroll down to "When can my child upgrade to a Fitbit standard account?" and the following sections explaining upgrading from child's account.

Status changed to: Existing Feature
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jjleigh73thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions. As our friend mentioned, we’re happy to let you know that this already exists on the Fitbit app. When your child reaches the minimum age required in your country, they can upgrade to a standard account. You can find more details about this by clicking the link shared before. We hope you enjoy this feature and keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.