Triathlon And Biathlon

Can you add a triathlon mode to the Fitbit ionic. This water proof tracker (ionic) would be great for it because while doing a triathlon, I do not want to switch to a different mode each time.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

49 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@jomis003 App worked well, the only issue I had is had to double tap a couple of times to go to the next stage. I missed my t2 time due to this but that’s as much user error as anything else! All that’s really missing is the data save function, I ended up photographing the screen to get my results. Thanks for putting the app together 👍

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Oh the race went fine until back pain half way round the run thanks! 

jomis003
Tempo Runner

Glad to here! So to hear about the back pain.... Congratulations on the race though!

rbarwic1
First Steps

jomis003 - I too am a triathlete, and am really excited to find that you guys are working on the triathlon function on the fitbit.  Do you by chance have any sort of ETA on when the v2.0 will come out with GPS tracking as well?  Would definitely be nice to see distances to go along with the times at a minimum.  I understand eventually you are looking to have a whole slew of data to go along, which I would expect nothing less from you guys.  Keep up the good work, I hope to hear from you soon!

jomis003
Tempo Runner

@rbarwic1 - I share your enthusiasim to get v2.0 out the public. With that said, it is bad bad mojo for a devoloper to promise a release date becasue as soon as they do, they are commited to having a flawless product by that time. Anything but that draws a "stoning" from their customers. 🙂

What I can tell you is that I am working on v2.0 of this app and another version of one of my other apps at the same time. If I am putting my name on it, I want it to work flawlessly. The last thing I want is feedback saying that I created a bad race experience becasue my app didnt hold up.  So, all I can say right now is I hope it will be soon.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@jomis003 No rush - we owe you one! Looking forward to testing v2!

Fertetkingdom
Base Runner

I would love to see more functionality for multi-sport activities such as duathlon and triathlon.  There's limited ability to use the Fitbit Ionic for such because switching from one activity to the next takes too long during a transition area.   The ability to connect a heart rate strap for HR tracking while swimming would be nice too. 

ZacBallard
First Steps

Hi,

I am a triathlete who was given a Versa. Is the app available for Versa, too? I would certainly be willing to pay to turn this into a watch I could use on triathlons and not have to buy a Garmin. I can live without GPS. Splits would be enough. Heart rate would be welcome. 

Thanks!

jomis003
Tempo Runner

@ZacBallard - yes this app is now also available for the Versa.  

ZacBallard
First Steps

Wow, this is great to see! I downloaded the app for my Versa and tested it a few times - everything seems to work great for getting splits and monitoring pulse rate. Thank you!!!!!! Zac

Stevomeano
First Steps

Triathlon, Duathlon, Biathlon, multi-sport tracking.. we need one!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Used the app a few times “in anger” before but I had issues during Triathlon 4 of 7 this weekend. When I came out of the water and went to tap to enter t1 the app was telling me to get running so it’d jumped through a few stages. I had a sleeveless wetsuit on so it wasn’t contact from that. Anyone else experienced this?

jomis003
Tempo Runner

@SunsetRunner

Yes, I have run into this on several occasions during testing. The water  can simulate a touch to your screen. I have noticed that when wearing it and water it will slide back-and-forth on screens when I put in and remove the watch from water. I am working on an update to the app where you must physically push one of the side buttons to move to the next phase of the race. This will eliminate that issue. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks @jomis003! Look forward to it 🙂

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I find it baffling that Fitbit does not put together the 3 triathlon functions that already exist in the ionic. The reason I have a Fitbit over another smart watch like the Apple Watch is it’s sporty credentials. Couple that with triathlon being the fastest growing participation sports over the last 5 years I really hope Fitbit reconsiders.

jomis003
Tempo Runner

Remember all. There is a triathlon app already available for the Ionic and Versa in the app catalog.  I am also working to put out a duathlon app as well. Just because Fitbit has decided not to integrate these sports natively, does not mean the third party developers are not working on getting you tools to help in your race. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Hi @jomis003. We’ve spoken before and I’ve used your app numerous before usually with no issues (which I know are being ironed out in v2) but I just think it should be a native app. I do around 10 tri’s a year and I just want my tech to keep up with me!!!
Jfi91
First Steps

A setting that would let the user transition easily from swim,  bike,  run on race days. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jfi91, thanks for sharing your request, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. See you around. 

knyberg
Recovery Runner
Add a triathlon mode to track for race day to include distance and times for all disciplines included. Additional benefit if it is adaptable to select which sports to include to allow tri but also swim runs e.g.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @knyberg, thanks for explaining why you would like to have a Triathlon mode on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Jamielynncav
First Steps
The Versa 3 should have a triathlon exercise mode. Press start to begin swim, double tap to finish swim and begin t1, double tap to begin bike, double tap to finish bike and begin t2, double tap to start run and hit end when you are all done!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jamielynncav, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Triathlon mode to Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.