Turn off quick view when I'm sleeping (or at customizable times) aka 'Night Mode'

I love the quick view feature however when I'm sleeping I tend to wave my arms around which activates the display which sometimes wakes me up, especially if my wrist is close to my face.

My fitbit knows when I'm sleeping as it tracks my sleep so how about having the capability to disable quick view automatically whilst I'm sleeping, in fact don't even have it as a selectable option just don't trigger quick view when my fitbit knows I'm sleeping.

Moderator Edit: Edited suggestion title.

1,420 Comments
rcoolbaugh
Recovery Runner

I like to track my sleep with my fitbit, but find it annoying every time I roll over that the watch illuminates.  I suggest the addition of "Dark Hours" where quick view is suspended ... you could set the start and end time (ex. 10:00PM to 6:00AM) where you would have to tap the watch to activate the display.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bntracker, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding Quick View with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

rcoolbaugh
Recovery Runner
I’m sorry, but I cannot find this feature on my blaze … can you direct me to it?
ecaz71
First Steps

It should be possible to set specific times for when the quick view is on/off, that way I can have it turned off when I sleep, like from 11 pm - 6 am.

Andipari
First Steps

When will we finally see some progress on night mode? This bright screen at night is disturbing and my wife complains about it, so Fitbit please get moving on this item, thanks. Please enable a Night Mode e.g. from 10pm to 6am with dimmed or no light at all!

I like my Charge 3 otherwise 🙂

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

LaurieWNY
Jogger

Add night mode so the screen isn't always blazing white! 

How is that you can send your screen shot to someone in color, but you can't have a color for your app screen..??? 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LaurieWNY, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding Quick View with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

LaurieWNY
Jogger
@LuciaFitbit
That's not what I was referring to, I apologize if I wasn't clear enough.
What I am referring to is the app itself and having the ability to change
the color of the app background to not be white, and having a nightmode for
it. I was not referring to the actual Fitbit pebble and/or the Quick View.
rcoolbaugh
Recovery Runner
They keep telling us that this feature already exists … but I can’t find it anywhere … what I asked for was an option where I could set a time where quick view would be disabled and a time where it would be enabled. If it already exists, please publish instructions for setting it up!
brutus001
Base Runner
Their response is that the suggestion exists. This suggestion has existed
for 4 years and they still can't incorporate it into their devices. Not
sure why they are dragging their feet on this. Maybe they just don't know
how......
RaineyC
Jogger

Yes yes yes! The only thing I would tweak is to be able to choose to have it automatically read when sleeping AND the option to set manually between two times. The reason being is there are times when I’m awake at night and still need it to not turn on, such as when I’m putting my baby back into his bassinet beside my bed. (Currently turns on and shines in his face...very frustrating) We can always push the button on the side of the device if we want to see it in the night. 

Hueyoz
First Steps

Excellent idea!  I have exactly the same problem.

Junebug22
First Steps

When I roll over while sleeping the quick view comes on and lights up the room. It would be great to set times so it wouldn't do this.

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion will be released on the new Versa 2, and coming soon to all Fitbit smartwatches (Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa family of smartwatches). Sleep Mode will simultaneously disable your screen display and silence notifications for a night free of disturbances. Sleep Mode can also be used anytime you don’t want to be interrupted, like during a workout or in a meeting. You can set up Sleep Mode in your settings, including scheduling it to turn on regularly at certain times (eg. 11pm to 7am daily).

@pclement5, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

ajemerson
First Steps
So I have to buy an Ionic or Versa. They are not going to update my Charge 2. That's unfortunate.
gyetton
Stepping Up
I requested this feature on the charge 2, so unless you want to give me one of the new fit bits, this is totally irrelevant. gyettonSent from my phone.
RoHS4U
Stepping Up
I hear ya there.

Just giving us a way to disable tap to view would go miles in making it
better. Even if I was only ever left with having to push the button to
light up the screen I would be happy.

I would argue tap to view happens more frequently on accident that on
purpose. And by that i mean i never tap to view but it still lights up all
the time so ...
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

LizFitBit (Moderator), it has NOT "materialized" for the Charge 2 or 3 which was the request.  For you to change the status to Released is incorrect and disappointing.  Basically it sounds like it will now NEVER be an option for any FitBit other than a Versa or Ionic...which is what most people do not want.  Sad...

Uffitt
Stepping Up
So owners of Charge 2’s will just have to continue being woken up at random times, do I have that right?

Great customer service. Just great. I’ll be sure to mention that to everyone I know who might be considering buying a smart watch.
GigiDuru
Recovery Runner
No, they offering us one for free because can't write 2 lines of code to
enable on first Versa.
GiulioC
Base Runner

Please add the sleep mode function so that the Inspire HR does not turn on when moving or tapping the wrist, also not vibrate nor turn on with notifications when this mode is on. 

I know you can turn off the option of turning on when moving the wrist but not the tapping.

And sometimes changing position when sleeping can cause a tap and it turns on...

I'm not the only one having this problem and adding the function would be awesome. 

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner rolling this out to Charge 3 is being discussed but I do not have a timeline yet - I will add updates here. @Uffitt this feature unfortunately won't be rolled out to Charge 2.

Gasatict
Recovery Runner
LizFitbit,
Why can it not be fixed on the Charge 2?
Monitoring sleep is one of the most important features and reasons for me buying the Fitbit Charge 2 and the fact that its basic design effectively wakes a person up in the night is a major design flaw and runs against the advertised feature.
It is unacceptable.

If the inherit software or hardware architecture in the Charge 2 will not allow the screen to be turned off by motion during sleep then say so.
July 6th 2015 is the first record I find of people asking politely for this feature to be addressed and resolved.
Four years later and 7,945 requests and it still has not been fixed.

If the Charge 2 can’t be updated I would expect some consideration towards satisfying the basic feature of sleeping without being interrupted.
If that means replacing my Charge 2 with a Charge 3 that has the ability for the screen to be turned off during sleep then that’s what I expect Fitbit to do.
If Fitbit wants to make this right by initiating a “return and replace” program at no cost to me or others that currently have a Charge 2, I would be willing to participate.
If Fitbit wants to make this right by some other method I am listening.

I appreciate your efforts towards providing customers with support and look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you,
Greg

Sent from my iPad
irakez
Base Runner

It's amazing how they don't offer us, owners of older devices, new features that are actually useful, yet still force us to have the worst "updates", like that new dashboard and sleep score. Fitbit is hitting new lows every day. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.