Turn off quick view when I'm sleeping (or at customizable times) aka 'Night Mode'

I love the quick view feature however when I'm sleeping I tend to wave my arms around which activates the display which sometimes wakes me up, especially if my wrist is close to my face.

My fitbit knows when I'm sleeping as it tracks my sleep so how about having the capability to disable quick view automatically whilst I'm sleeping, in fact don't even have it as a selectable option just don't trigger quick view when my fitbit knows I'm sleeping.

Moderator Edit: Edited suggestion title.

1,420 Comments
rcoolbaugh
Recovery Runner

It's bad enough that my Blaze doesn't track steps accurately .... but now I can't even wear it at night because every time I move in my sleep, the display turns on and wakes me!  This totally unresponsive company will not even implement a simple feature that will improve their product!

Dragonflyagk
Recovery Runner

When I’m in bed trying to sleep my clock face goes on and lights up the room when I move my arm. This is problematic for myself and my partner. I would like a way to automatically disable the clock face while I’m asleep without having to open the app on my phone and turn it off each night and then back on each morning. My preferred solution would be the ability to set a time each day when your clock face wouldn’t turn on when you lifted you’re arm. For instance, I could set it to not automatically turn on from 11pm - 8am, but I’d still be able to press the button to see the clock face during this time.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'm sure I made this suggestion before but can't find it anymore.

It seems a no brainer to me that you should be able to link the auto screen wake function on your watch to the do not disturb function on your phone so that the screen does not auto wake when your phone is in do not disturb. This is already happening for notifications so adding auto screen wake can't be that difficult.

I am tired of manually doing this still when the Versa has been out for nearly 18 months.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option on your Versa. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

stevethehu
First Steps

Disabling the screen coming on automatically (other than pressing the physical button) during sleep hours or when sleep is detected would be fantastic. It happens often and is like shining a mini flashlight around in the dark. It's blinding, jarring, and painful.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@stevethehu Thanks for your suggestion about automatically turning off quick view during sleep hours.

I moved it to this thread because it is the same idea. Please check out @LizFitbit's post.

Alasamorph
Jogger

Hi  (I have Fitbit HR2)
I have been using the rotate wrist to view time option for a while. Whist very useful normally, it would be useful to be able to have this turned off at night, automatically. So a clock on the option in the dashboard, for the hours when the function is enabled, would be useful. I sleep with it on and the time often flashes on and off as I move around .. I dont want to have to disable and then re-enable it, every evening.. So, any chance of a 'Time Enabled' on this dashboard option..
Ta
A

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Status changed to: Released
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Alasamorph Thank you for your suggestion about turning off quick view while sleeping.

This feature has been released on the Fitbit Versa 2. For more information, please visit this post.

DayeW92
Jogger

Another user has suggested something quite similar to what I'm about to suggest and 7,000+ users agreed with him/her. That user suggested that when a Fitbit device detects that you're sleeping, the display will not light up with arm movement (quick view). My biggest issue is falling asleep, so I would like to see that when I put my device in Sleep Mode that you have to press the button or tap the screen before the display will appear.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DayeW92, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

diane.pummill
First Steps

Please create a way to disable the screen light during sleep hours (the auto turn on when you move your wrist). It's very bright, almost blinding in the dark. Maybe there is a way to program it so that it automatically switches to this mode when the bedtime alert goes off and disables when the alarm goes off or something in the settings where you can program a time window for it? Or at least a way to turn it on and off manually from the device instead of via the settings on the app or website so its easy access at bedtime.  Please and thank you!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @diane.pummill, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

cmd84
First Steps

Add a feature that allows user to disable Quick View, automatically, when Fitbit detects the wearer is sleeping.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @cmd84, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding a feature that allows user to disable Quick View during sleeping. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

Allow it so you can turn your screen completely off at night so that the light doesn't bother you while you're sleeping. I've woken up countless times because I put my wrist over my eye when I am sleeping and the screen lights up right in my eye.

Not really helpful to track my sleep if the same device is making it harder for me to sleep.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @beardeddisciple, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about turning off screen at night. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

When I’m trying to get to sleep I often touch the side button or double tap my charge 3 and the screen lights up. It’s super annoying when I’m trying to fall asleep. Note that ‘raise to wake’ is off.
Suggestion:
- disable/enable watch buttons from app
- timed disable watch buttons (e.g. disable for 6 hours)
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @HannahGrevillea, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this site organized.

RichardB111
First Steps
I dont wear the fitbit at night because when Screen Wake is on auto (the way I like it during the day) and I roll over in bed - it shines a bright light in a dark room, usually at my face. All it would needs is "Auto during these hours ..., Manual during these hours ..."
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RichardB111, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about using "Sleep mode" on Fitbit devices. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.