Turn off quick view when I'm sleeping (or at customizable times) aka 'Night Mode'

I love the quick view feature however when I'm sleeping I tend to wave my arms around which activates the display which sometimes wakes me up, especially if my wrist is close to my face.

My fitbit knows when I'm sleeping as it tracks my sleep so how about having the capability to disable quick view automatically whilst I'm sleeping, in fact don't even have it as a selectable option just don't trigger quick view when my fitbit knows I'm sleeping.

Moderator Edit: Edited suggestion title.

1,420 Comments
Pattiy888
Jogger

Yes, to have this as an automatic feature when it detects that the wearer has gone to sleep or to be able to set a recurring "do not disturb" period would be great. It's just about the only complaint I have about my new Fitbit.

davidvalenzuela
First Steps

This is SUPER important for me. The main reason I bought a FitBit was to track my sleep. It seems paradoxical that, in order to track my sleep, I need to distup my sleept with a nagging light. It basically made me lose 3 hours of sleep last night.

Mzie
Jogger

Agreed. My partner and I both have Fitbit Charge 2's and its blinding in the middle of the night. I don't understand why Fitbit hasn't introduced this earlier. Please update us and confirm  you are working on it?

LBI204
First Steps

great idea to dim it at night.  i find that i take it off because everytime i rollover the light is too bright...i rather not track my sleep

Tmhiggins4
Jogger

Please allow the user to disable or dim the screen during user defined sleep hours. This interferes with user and partners sleep.

Awesomewalks
Base Runner

I like it! My charge (just charge the first charge) turns on every time I lift my arm or turn so I can't go to sleep then I have a horrible sleep quality.

Awesomewalks
Base Runner

I love this idea 

laura12345
First Steps

I agree.  I bought this so I could track my sleep but it wakes me up enough when i'm "restless" that I"m tempted to stop wearing it at night.

Chris_wales
Premium User
Recovery Runner

Yes dimmer screen at night as it is bright. It could simply be based on the time to dim to 30% between 10pm and 6am automatically?

Would help slightly increase battery duration too.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
@Chris_wales: I'd rather suggest to dim the display as long as the device recognizes you're asleep 😉
KAF454
Jogger
If using the new dashboard:

1, Tap the device image at the top right corner of the main screen

2. Scroll down to Quick View and turn it off.

You tracker will not light up unless you rub or tap the screen on your
tracker. The next morning take the same steps to turn Quick View back on.

It's not the answer you (or I) would like but it does keep your tracker
from interrupting your sleep. I would prefer it was tied to my targeted
sleep period but at this point that does't appear to be an option.
wizhill
Jogger
I have quick view turned off and my blaze automatically turns on randomly.
RhiannonB
First Steps

I would like to be able to control how long I would like my charge 2 screen to stay on or off, as well as how bright or dim I like it. People like me who need constant heart rates due to health issues need to be able to track heart rate immediately! And the screen goes off entirely too fast. Plus we need to be able to decide how long we want the screen on, how bright it is, etc. we paid for these devices and should be able to do these minimal changes. You can on my Samsung gear fit 2!!! 

vsimmons
Stepping Up

Funny.  I came here to make this suggestion and see it's #1 at the moment! 🙂  Guess it's a popular idea.

I'm liking my Charge 2 so far but I've found getting a shot of LED light right in the eye in the middle of the night in a dark room while flipping over (which I do pretty often) to be a rude awakening.  I would be happy either with it detecting when you're asleep and dimming/disabling the light or more preferably, being able to set the typical schedule when it should be disabled in the settings panel.

Xiang
Jogger

Yes! Definitely want this feature.

ilkleymum
Jogger

Would like display to be off during the night

Quintinvw
First Steps

I agree, maybe dim the display at least if possible, or just disable the feature during sleep hours. If I really want to see what the time is Ill push the button. Thought the sun came up the other night. Then realised its 2:00 am in the morning and its the Charge 2 blinding me. My wife said she thought the aliens was coming for us. 🙂

Tess123
Jogger

Loving my new Charge 2 and I really want to wear it 24/7 but now my husband comments on waking that I've been glowing in the dark!!  It's obviously disturbing him too.   Please, Fitbit, make a plan to dim the display at night.

njohan81
Jogger

i hope its possible to dimm, the led screen?? or is 100%screen light what screen only can show? this i mean from a tecnical perspective? 

//Good luck with the request 🙂 

MadiMadi
First Steps

Would be great to have an option to setup screen bigthnes.

BobM2
Hill Runner

At least let us turn easy mode on and off from the Charge 2 itself, rather than having to use the phone app. That option exists for Notifications, which I never change, but not for easy mode, which I change at least twice a day.

beckett1
Jogger

if you can't change the brightness can you have a different clock face on during the night (which is a gray colour rather that a full white colour)

s.d
Jogger

I hear what your saying and agree, sort of, I have to say it's a good little night like to find my way back to bed after a midnight bathroom break! Hahah

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
@ s.d:
If they make night-dimming an option, you still have your benefit 🙂
gkatsev
First Steps

In addition to doing it automatically for sleep mode, it would be super nice to have a quick way of disabling it on the device itself. A perfect usecase is going to the movies. Fiddling with the option in the app is a possibility, but you're more likely to forget to turn it back on afterwards.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.