Turn off quick view when I'm sleeping (or at customizable times) aka 'Night Mode'

I love the quick view feature however when I'm sleeping I tend to wave my arms around which activates the display which sometimes wakes me up, especially if my wrist is close to my face.

My fitbit knows when I'm sleeping as it tracks my sleep so how about having the capability to disable quick view automatically whilst I'm sleeping, in fact don't even have it as a selectable option just don't trigger quick view when my fitbit knows I'm sleeping.

Moderator Edit: Edited suggestion title.

1,420 Comments
WalterMP
Jogger

Never had a problem till I got the charge 3.... it is sooo bright wakes me and my wife up. Make the option guys!!! 

rickoman
First Steps

This has been a problem for years and fitbit has not addressed it.  This is a SIMPLE code fix!

Gasatict
Recovery Runner
You would think it wouldn’t be too much of an imposition for Fitbit to dial in an improvement that thousands have asked for. Beyond their capabilities?
Not deemed important?
It may be a relatively routine code adjustment. I don’t know how complicated it would be to incorporate this change. But, does the complexity matter? It should be done.

I got an email yesterday from Fitbit stating they’re about to release an update to the Fitbit App. Let’s hope it will include the NIGHT TIME SCREEN TURN OFF WHILE SLEEPING improvement we’ve asked for and not just be a cosmetic refresh to the App.
We’ll see.

Today’s consumers are tuned in to researching products before they buy.
What they see online (customer reviews) determines what they buy.
We all use various methods to verify whether a product is worth our money.
When Fitbit recognizes their market share is cratering due to people reading reviews and NOT buying their product, then we’ll see some action.

Don’t get me wrong, the Fitbit is a good product but today’s companies have to be relentlessly improving their product or someone else will.
Ask Gateway what happens when you ignore customer service.

Sent from my iPad
Dunekn
5K Racer

7550 votes and 1360 coments and nothing more than "under consideration"

It's really a pity .

In the same time the modification is so hard than nobody can't....

Wait wait..

It's seems that a french guy develop a clockface with quickview shutdown during night and already available in english for versa versa lite and ionic.

It's unbelivable!

It's so so hard for a big major company....

PS . Search for DUNE'S ALL DIGITS

JCDunn
Jogger
Please add for the Alta hr!

Get Outlook for Android
Dunekn
5K Racer

@JCDunn 

If you Ask it to Fitbit ... So  it's under consideration...

If you Ask it to me,  it's impossible. Alta HR can't download apps.

mrjaredgordon
First Steps

Multi-year Fitbit owner here.  Why is this still not an option?  Just give us the option!  +1Billion

cmoonzm
Jogger

Programmable Night Mode - to be able to set hours where the screen cannot be turned in with "tap". I have inspire hr and I use it to track sleep because of insomnia. I want to track not interact while I'm trying to sleep. The in ability to stop it lighting up at night every night several time... is a problem with an easy fix. This is with notifications already off. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @cmoonzm, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I tried to get ahold of the execs. I haven't yet found a way. I tried email (and it was blocked). I tried social media and only
one was able to receive messages. Sent one and never heard back.

It is a horrible process they made. They basically made it to where any suggestions are just thrown into these threads that
developers, managers and leadership never see again. But support makes you believe they are doing good. They lock 'em up and throw
away the key.with a smile on their face.

I tell you it is sad to see all the suggestions come in from new people.only for them to find out that they have been thrown into
this endless pit.
jeffrt
Stepping Up

Came here to post this!  A nighttime setting that would disable the auto-on feature for certain hours would be great.  A button press would be fine if you need to check the time during the night.

Orfieus
First Steps

What I find particularly hilarious is in the settings there is "Notifications During Sleep - Off" so it looks like they have the means to turn stuff off while you sleep it amazes me it is taking this long to do something

**ahem**ING DO SOMETHING!

NiemandWirklich
First Steps

Another solution/improvement in this area would be to just increase the necessary movement-threshold for the screen to turn on at nighttime. It really wakes me up sometimes when the screen just flashes on again

Amyj525
Jogger

I really hope this is approved and rolled out soon. My Versa wakes me up occasionally and it is on Auto brightness. It should definitely know when we are asleep and go off of Auto Screen Wake or the Auto Brightness Dim should be much dimmer. Looking forward to a solution.

J-flex
Distance Runner

This has been under condo for FOUR years, yes 4 years.  At what point will (if ever) Fitbit make a decision with regards to implementing or scraping this?

RoHS4U
Stepping Up
They won’t.

I doubt this will ever get done for anything legacy even though it’s still
the third most requested feature if your sort by “top”.

Unfortunately, fixing these kinds of problems doesn’t usually bring in new
revenue. New products do. They managed to make a waterproof product (which
was suggested about 2 years ago and only had 2600 votes, quite possibly
already in the pipeline, but still), but still haven’t fixed, addressed, or
really commented about this. Maybe this will become a “feature” of a new
product... so everyone can go out and buy it.

It also may be that this is a limitation of the hardware or would require a
significant redesign of the firmware and thus they aren’t willing to touch
it. If that were the case it would be nice if they would just say it won’t
be implemented instead of telling people to “make sure to add your vote”,
because we know what that seems to be worth for this feature. I’m sure they
would never admit it though for fear of scaring off potential customers....
always give them the carrot
TomM1197
Jogger

Glad to see that I am not the only one that craves a "do not disturb" or nighttime dim setting.  Currently, I use 3 pieces of painter's tape over my watch face every night so that it does not flash in my or my wife's face, lol.  While it is a minor annoyance...I can't see any reason that it is not fixed.  This and the recent loss of communities has me looking elsewhere when a replacement is needed.

Luvfb
Recovery Runner

Agree completely for the ionic too!

MollyOG
Jogger

Garmin has had this feature as far back as I know. I have found several posts on this same topic. How many votes does a topic need before Fitbit finally implements it??!!

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MollyOG, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

gmc505
Recovery Runner

It seems and may be my imagination...after a recent update...when I raise my arm a certain way, the light has started to come on more often.

It would seem the software engineers have gone backwards in the QUICK SLEEP  turn off everything UNLESS I push the side switch to see the time.

I've started taking off the watch when I sleep...so the SLEEP APP is not of much use to me because light sleepers need FITBIT to start listening.

JCDunn
Jogger
Agree and am currently looking for a replacement for my Fitbit that is NOT
the fitbit brand. Now after the update it doesn't track my sleep correctly
as it will only show the 'basic' information. Think they do this so you
will buy an updated version but it has pushed me away from the brand
completely after 8+ years of loyalty. Sad they are not as concerned about
keeping customers as getting new ones..

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what
you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou
Amyj525
Jogger

I started putting mine on "Screen Wake" "Manual Mode" most of the time to avoid it coming on at night. I noticed the nights I didn't have Screen Wake on Auto, I actually slept better. I am not 100% sure, but I really think the screen light woke me up more times than I realized. Now that it has been on manual mode for a few weeks, my battery lasts that much longer and I am no longer being woke up in the middle of the night. I do put it back on Auto sometimes during the day when I am busy and can't physically click the button. This fix has seemed to be the best for me.

JCDunn
Jogger
My Alta HR doesn't have that option and clearly they DON'T care about the
customer or this would have been fixed across the board a long time ago.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what
you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou
bntracker
Jogger

My Charge 2 lights up when I roll over during night. Very annoying to me and my partner. I have to wake myself up more to put my arm under the covers hoping it won't wake my partner up, who is very annoyed by it. I turned Quick View off, but it still lights up at night. I need a feature where I can set start and end time when nothing will light up unless I push the button. It could help if it automatically did not light up during sleep, but it actually may already do that - it may only be lighting up when it detects those moments or minutes of wakefulness during the night. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.