Turn off vibrations in the Relax app

The vibrations in the relax app are distracting. Can you please make it possible to turn off the vibrations and to manually enter mindfulness training

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
12 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DALL! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here: Able to manually log mindful sessions in Mindfulness tile.

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

ADancy
Jogger

The vibrations during a relax session are not relaxing. The sense has the option to turn off the vibrations, but it does not work. Please allow users to turn off vibrations during a relax session 

Peter11
First Steps

I like the visuals, it helps me to meditate, but the vibrations are realy anoying. I will not continue using the function when the vibration is still part of it. What is the thought anyway of the vibration? It feels like a punishment.

MrSciFi
First Steps

The UI on the Sense implies that you can turn off vibrations, you can not. When "off" they are just less intense. So either the UI needs to be updated or the ability to actually turn off vibrations needs to be added.

FLcomment
First Steps
The vibrations in the Relax app are the opposite of relaxing. Please allow the option to turn them off. My family have Charge 4s.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FLcomment, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of turning off the vibrations on the Relax app. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

ChristyDW
Jogger
The relax app has the propensity to really be helpful. However, for those of us who have sensory issues, this app is less than helpful. I suggest allowing the vibrations to be optional.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ChristyDW, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to turn off vibrations on Relax app. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

ChristyDW
Jogger

The vibrations are totally distracting!!! I 10/10 would use this function daily if I could turn the vibrations off. 

DALL
Recovery Runner

I had hoped that with the last update the ability to turn off the vibrations would have been restored.  Is there a timeline when you will enable this option?  When I got my Versa 3 almost a year ago, I was able to turn off the vibrations.  I’m not sure why it was decided to remove this option.

KendraGee
First Steps

So odd that the app has a toggle but the toggle doesn’t work. Please fix! The vibrations should be optional.

JadeCoral
First Steps

I would also like this feature. I attend a weekly meditation class, and I know from practicing there that my breathing is usually pretty irregular while I meditate, and while meditating I gently encourage myself to breathe more regularly, forcing myself to breathe at a particular interval is counterproductive.

With that in mind, I would love to use the fitbit Relax app to track meditation practice I do on my own, but the permantanlty on, fixed interval vibration prompts really don't work for me, enough that I'll probably not use the Relax app while they are like that. 

I would love to though, and would really appreciate if this feature was implemented.

Thanks.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.