Turn on speaker phone for incoming calls from Fitbit device

I think it would be a nice or a clever idea to be able to turn on speakerphone when someone rings you so if it (your phone) is in your pocket, you turn on speakerphone and you can talk to them an listen to them without taking the phone out of pocket. Please vote, Thanks!!!!!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated labels

14 Comments
Makmakpogi
First Steps

I hope fitbit developer will add a feature which enable to answer text messages and call. 

To be able to answer a call, headset should be connected.

Or, if really it is impossible, at least can decline the call.

Thank you.

leeluu23
First Steps

I agree with this feature add on, you bought Pebble that had this feature and seems more advanced than the New Ionic(besides some fitness videos) and It should be incorporated into the Blaze too, your 2 "smart watches"

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I would add your votes to the existing request that showed up with a search

Qdee2004
First Steps

I would love to have my Samsung gear s3 sync together with fitbit. When will that become a possible?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Qdee2004 you would need to ask Fitbit. This suggestion is unrelated to your question. 

If you would like to post in the help board for your tracker model, or in the android board. We will love to help out. 

Comeupanceme
Stepping Up

Idea to run by you.
If the ionic has no speaker, would it be possible to link a Bluetooth headset with hands free to receive calls , plus an app to add keyboard might be an option for text messaging, it has capabilities through software updates doesn't it? Let me know if the ideas are possibilities or will there be an ionic 2 released in near future with inbuilt messaging and calls. Love my watch.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

lilsnowy
Recovery Runner

I would like this feature as well - versa owner

kfreckmann
Recovery Runner

I agree.  I have iOS and purchased an Apple Watch.  That was my favorite thing about it (that I could answer a call when away from.my phone).  I loved that it would work directly from my watch as I was getting to my phone, but the next best thing would be to accept a call on speaker so you could at least announce that you are coming.

shanerfishing
First Steps

absolutely they need to upgrade to answer a call through the watch like samsung...I prefer the fitbit but would like to see this added SOON

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

MaryVersa
First Steps

Versa has a great feature by answering and receiving notifications.

It will be great also to have a button that can activate the speaker on the phone.

For me does not make sense to have a answering button when you still have to get the phone and have to press the speaker to comunicate.

I really love the reject call when I am in the midle of a meeting or having another phone call and I do not have to look for my phone to do it. And definitely love the like button on facebook and open message. 

I hope in the future will improve to have the option to answer messages by voice command. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MaryVersa, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote. I also noted that you mentioned a second idea. I ask you to post only one idea per feature. That way, we can keep the board organized and searchable. This makes it easier to know which idea other members are voting for. Here is the link for another existing feature suggestion regarding voice commands: Microphone array integration into Fitbit models

SCrawStock
Recovery Runner

I realize that control of all things, voice through the phone would be a big ask. However, the ability to turn on speakerphone would allow someone to at least be hands free. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.