Under Armour integration

Hi, the UA Record (Under Armour) is able to take sleep and steps data from the Ionic. However, exercise data isn't being shared, specifically the Ionic is not recognised as a source of heart rate data or energy burn. Can this be added?

I am trying to get a view of my steps and energy burnt as measured by the Ionic, with my food eaten in MyFitnessPal, thanks.

Moderator edit: Labels

7 Comments
Sharra86
Jogger

I agree with this. I am currently using MyFitnessPal to track calories and other nutritional data, but I use Fitbit and Fitbit coach to track my exercise. Fitbit Coach’s workouts share with the Fitbit App but not the MyFitnessPal App, and entering workouts manually in MyFitnessPal duplicates the workouts in Fitbit 😔. I hope this is addressed soon. Thank you.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The ionic doesn't send data to UA. They pull the data from your Fitbit account.. Yes they could do this but they will need to con tack Fitbit to set it up. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Fordy_85
Jogger

Hi Guys and Girls at FITBIT.

I know this has been brought up many times before but I'm gunna bring up again.

Third party integration between MFP apps for logging workouts and monitoring heart rate is a must and I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

When I record a workout in the Fitbit app with my Charge 3, there is no log of it in MFP and/or UA Record. 

Then if I record a workout in UA Record or MapMyRun (MMR), the apps do not support the Charge 3 heart rate monitor.......... 

With how many requests from hundred of customers, surely you guys are looking to make this happen. It's so frustrating to try and match calories in and out and how many left over when the left hand isn't talking to the right. Please, for everyone sake, make our day and pick up the phone, talk to Under Armour and make the integration happen. I think you will find the profit margins will go through the roof!!@

Kind Regards

Andrew

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Fordy_85! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing, hopefully we will have support from other users to have it on the future.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion.

See you around.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.