Unicode to support Notifications on Cyrillic, Greek for Smartwatches

Please add Unicode characters table on Ionic to support world languages.

(Notifications on Cyrillic, Greece, Hebrew, Indian, Czech, Slovak etc.)

Unfortunately, right now I can see question marks instead of Cyrillic characters in notifications.

Thank you in advance!

Moderator Edition Title Update for Clarity and Labels.

155 Comments
Mohannad02
Jogger

@Bluelian Simply because Fitbit does not have the capability right now to support such an easy request.

Bluelian
Stepping Up
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bluelian I understand that is confusing. There are lots of other factors that influence prioritization besides votes, such as market size and actual usage in various countries. You can find more on how we make decisions here in our FAQs.

I am happy to announce, however, that Hebrew is 'Under Consideration'. Please subscribe for more updates!

Thank you all for the feedback.

rabigado
First Steps

As I hope you know, your product are sold all over the world

so it would be frigging nice to be able to read my notification when they are not in plain english!!!

As a software developer I know this a pretty basic demand that you don't meet and It's very disappointing.

Zaiulia
First Steps

I think adding optional downloadable language packages would tremendously expand your customer network. It is extremely frustrating to have a Fitbit on my wrist and not being able to read my husband's messages (see attached photo). (It is Russian letters, in case you were curious, and that is not what Russian alphabet looks like)

My Fitbit Blaze

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.