Uninstall the "Notifications" app from Fitbit Charge 5

I would like the ability to remove the "notifications" app from my Fitbit Charge 5.
65 Comments
endr4fd
First Steps

I am so disappointed that Fitbit, who wants us to stay fit, has notifications as the first swipe right, just like everyone else has talked about. If I wanted a smartwatch or Applewatch I would have bought one to do that. Getting fit should be the priority here and disconnecting to focus on fitness not getting notifications. I have turned them off, like I have with every other Fitbit I have owned, but I am appalled that I have to swipe right twice to get to exercise. Eiether let us remove it completely, remove it from the screen choices, or at least reorder. Shameful. I guess maybe Fitbit is not really concerned about our fitness as much as we thought.

4theluvofgod
First Steps

What is taking so long for Fitbit to make this change... 

OrionEridanus
First Steps

I also want to be able to delete the notifications app, and maybe some others. 

MaciejZ
First Steps

I also want to be able to delete the notifications app and payment app.

HEATMI5ER
First Steps

I agree!

HEATMI5ER
First Steps

Being able to remove both the Notifications app and the Payment app would be ideal.  Thanks.

Meg918372828
First Steps

Please give the option to remove the notifications app! Why has this been a problem since  2021 and nothing has been done 🥹

RebF
First Steps

I agree, add the ability to remove the notifications, payments and any other application not desired by a user. At least the ability to hide or disable the app. I frequently notice the "Notifications" screen active, or "Payments" wanting to add something and I did NOT tap into it. When my charge 4 was lost I upgraded to charge 5, very disappointed.  I either can not swipe to the apps I do use or the apps I do not want to use are somehow swiped open. 

lirdalag
First Steps

I would like to remove the notification app on my Inspire 3  as well, because i do not use it and it is just annoying that I have to swipe pass it every time I want to use another app on the watch.

BR

PurpleDucky
Jogger

I like my notifications app, but not where it is located on my Charge 5. Several people mentioned being able to reorder and remove unwanted apps, such as Wallet, which I will never use and would like to not have on my tracker. I was able to do this on my old Galaxy Fit2 and being able to order my apps to my preference was nice.

I just upgraded to the Inspire 3 and agree with all of the above. The ability to customize (add, remove, and reorder) the apps that appear on the device face is very important to people who use fitness trackers for various purposes. Allowing users to turn off the Notifications app would be a huge improvement. Note: This was already an option on previous Fitbit models such as Inspire HR. I'm not sure why this feature was taken away for more recent models.

s-rhodes
Jogger

Hi, I've just moved from HR Sense to Charge 5. A big improvement in terms of screen quality etc. However, like everyone else on here, I don't want the notifications app and would rather I could get straight to exercise. It would be great to be able to remove what I don't need inlucding Payments and to order apps in the way that I want so that I can get to the most used ones quicker. Please make it so

Sedennial
First Steps

Not just the Charge. All the fitbits should be able to remove and/or reorder the default apps.

CycologistRal
First Steps

I'm on an Inspire 3 and I too would like to remove the Notifications app from the tracker or at the very least hide or move it to the end of the list so I don't have to swipe over it just to get to my workouts. 

Zenzan
First Steps

Agree with all above. Either allow us to remove or reorder apps.

I don't want a Smart Watch. I want a health and fitness tracker. I don't want notifications as my first swipe. How ridiculous. Notifications are disabled through the app. Now allow me to get rid of the one on the screen of my tracker. Or at least allow me to customize and rearrange the order. So annoying. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.