Update IFTTT applet to allow export of sleep stages

Since it appears that you have no plans to add the much-requested sleep efficiency / deep sleep percentage charts to the app, can you please update the IFTTT sleep applet so that I can automatically export my sleep stages data to a spreadsheet and do this analysis myself? At the moment, the IFTTT sleep applet appears to be stuck on the old sleep data.

FYI: I know that I can download my sleep stages data manually from the FitBit dashboard but this is nowhere near as convenient as the automatic solution that a properly updated IFTTT applet would allow.

Thank you!

Moderator edit: labels

9 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It would be the Fitbit API that needs to be changed. 

Are you asking for the complete sleep data so that your spreadsheet may display a graph of your sleep, or do you just want the minutes in each stage, 

dwent
Base Runner
Hello,

I just want the minutes spent in each sleep stage, really. Nothing
particularly fancy.

The aim is to end up with the same sort of spreadsheet you get if you go to
"export my data" on the fitbit dashboard, but to have this spreadsheet
update itself automatically on the cloud each morning so that I can
straight away see the latest processed results (e.g. a sleep efficiency
calculation for last night and graphs showing how my percentage of deep
sleep has changed over the last few days) using the Google drive app on my
phone. I just don't have the time do do all of this downloading, copying
and pasting manually on a laptop each day and, if I were to wait until the
end of the month and do it all in a batch, the data loses half its value.

As I said, the existing IFTTT sleep applet already allows me export time
asleep, number of awakenings and things like that automatically - just not
how long I spend in each sleep stage.

Dan
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion @dwent, I'm currently looking with the Web API team to see if it's something we or IFTTT need to implement.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

As for as I know @SunsetRunner the API will not allow the export of sleep ssages, I would think this first will need to be changed on Fitbit ends. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@Rich_Laue: you can get the sleep stage using the Web API: you can find more information in the documentation.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@SunsetRunner would this not be easy for IFTT to add. Then to figure out how to format/send the data.

Al_1
Recovery Runner
Add a button to the Sleep screen that allows you to save sleep data to a spreadsheet.
ChelleInBoise
First Steps

I notices the oxygen levels can be viewed on phone but not my pc, which Fitbit Help confirmed was correct.  If you add the ability to download sleep data to a spreadsheet, it would be nice to download oxygen levels as well. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ChelleInBoise, thanks for explaining why you would like to have ability to download sleep data to a spreadsheet. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.